PDA

View Full Version : Paddle tires in the snow??

cannibal480
01-13-2004, 01:29 PM
i'm thinkin about getting some paddle tires but i want to hear from somebody first who has used them in the snow. Do they hook up really good? i wouldn't be going in powder or anything like that, i'd just be on packed trails. I'm thinking of paddlemasters because they have really thick lugs and would last a while. Any input would be appreciated.

Atreyu
01-13-2004, 01:37 PM
Why not buy some maxxis 4-snow's? Paddles would be a rough ride IMO.

http://www.maxxis.com

MOFO
01-13-2004, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by cannibal480
i'm thinkin about getting some paddle tires but i want to hear from somebody first who has used them in the snow. Do they hook up really good? i wouldn't be going in powder or anything like that, i'd just be on packed trails. I'm thinking of paddlemasters because they have really thick lugs and would last a while. Any input would be appreciated.

nope, paddle tires (sand tires) do not go well at all...if thats what your talking about.

I would recommend a set of Dirt Devils.... great snow traction and still has a good side bite.

44oEX
01-13-2004, 02:04 PM
the paddle tires work if you have something like gecko or the paddle master like you said. if you go in really deep snow the straigh paddle work really good but don't steer.

You could go with 4 snow like atreyu said. they would work the best as long as you don't drive on the road if you do you will lose your tires really kwick.