PDA

View Full Version : sparks ignition key and octane questions

EX LONERIDER
01-13-2004, 12:45 PM
im into doing the sparks ignition advance key and wondering if anyone out there runs a diffrent type of octane to help further the effect? i do have stock compression and bore and cam, i was wonderin if anyone whos done the sparks key and boosted the octane, will it make it run any diffrent (better)????

cals400ex
01-13-2004, 02:19 PM
it probally won't make a difference. i would just run the premium fuel at your local pump. my friend did this and his bike ran fine. however, the key didn't do much for performance. it might have made the throttle response a little more crisp, but nothing more.

UglyMotha™
01-13-2004, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by cals400ex
however, the key didn't do much for performance. it might have made the throttle response a little more crisp, but nothing more.

that's what the key is intended for :o

EX LONERIDER
01-13-2004, 02:39 PM
yea, thats pretty much what im lookin for..... i want a little more snap to it for when me and my other riding buddies race the competition sand hill out here in southern cali. if i can get a little more bottom end to it i can get a better wholeshot then what i already have.:D

cheetah
01-13-2004, 04:30 PM
It just gives a little bit snappier off idle acceleration and made it a little bit better at luggin around. For $15 your gonna see a whole lot, but it's definately noticable.

EX LONERIDER
01-15-2004, 11:21 PM
wich is exactly what im looking to improve on.... cool~:D