PDA

View Full Version : Possible Trouble with Burgard S-arm

stamperbob
01-13-2004, 06:41 AM
Just wondering if anyone has ever had a burgard Swingarm and if so does it seem that the cross bar between the motor and the shock is super close to the shock and spring, I run elka rear and was going with the new linkage setup but im thinking that if i get it that my shock will not mount up because my shock will hit the cross brace. Anyone have any ideas, if so please let me know, and if this arm won't work what is the best one on the market.

I might have been taken, because im not really sure its a burgard, i bought it off of ebay really cheap and it has burgard stickers on each side of it, so could have been had there.

Pappy
01-13-2004, 06:43 AM
i ran a burgard with an elka rear and had no troubles.

stamperbob
01-13-2004, 09:58 AM
Originally posted by Pappy
i ran a burgard with an elka rear and had no troubles.

I totally understand that but by the same setup you had would you think it would hit if the linkage was a little longer such as elkas new linkage, Ill get some pics and see what you think as far as it hitting with new linkage

Pappy
01-13-2004, 10:03 AM
i had an elka and thier new linkage. i didnt see any clearance issues

Mxbubs
01-13-2004, 10:06 AM
Alot of swingarms with gussets run close to the spring, but I have never heard of them getting it wrong and making it too close, it usually is not a problem.

stamperbob
01-13-2004, 10:07 AM
Originally posted by Pappy
i had an elka and thier new linkage. i didnt see any clearance issues

Its possible that im just tripping out because i would hate to buy the new linkage and it not fit on the bike, I guess ill just have to see what happens, Thanks for the info

Pappy
01-13-2004, 10:08 AM
make sure you installed the linkage correctly.