PDA

View Full Version : Anyone starting to get serious about racing?

Narly R
01-12-2004, 10:51 PM
Well I have finally started, and now we are getting a better motor home, and an inclosed trailer. My dad is getting into it more and more, amd both parents are backing me. I am going to go down to Glen Helen HOPEFULLY the biggining of next month. Its a lot of fun but HARD work, and a lot of travaling and time, i just need to be FASTER!:mad: :p

Just wounderin if anyone is getting serious. I hope to travel to the east coast some day....

Narly R
01-12-2004, 10:54 PM
I am starting to run MORE and eat healthier too. Thats hard now days though....

rookiex
01-12-2004, 11:12 PM
gettin another quad an a 28ft trailer.Making quite a few nationals an a lot of local races within 300 miles.

airheadedduner
01-12-2004, 11:12 PM
Originally posted by Narly R
i just need to be FASTER!:mad: :p

Your plenty fast right now, you just need to crash less:p i'm the one that needs to get faster :o

I would love to be more serious about racing but Work/school/racing/social life/family. To much to do and so little time:(

rookiex
01-12-2004, 11:16 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by airheadedduner
[B]Your plenty fast right now, you just need to crash less

thats me..same thing goin on

FourFiftyFour
01-13-2004, 12:33 AM
Yeah, I would be really serious into it but not having a reliable quad kills me everytime......hopefully soon that will change... Im about to get a work out schedule together that will work around my class schedule and hopefully i'll be in good shape for my next quad......

Oh yeah...today is my one year anniversary on ExRiders! hehehe it sorta snuck up on me! :D I remember I was about to buy a 250x a year ago this day :eek2: boy does things change a lot in a year

cody anderson
01-13-2004, 10:51 AM
I might start getting serious...:huh

Ryan
01-13-2004, 11:23 AM
I need money :mad: . I got a job and saving up for either a truck or a quad, eventually I'll race a few local harescrambles.

Atreyu
01-13-2004, 11:49 AM
I would like to eventually..

and rookiex-you look like ice cube:cool:

ScooterX
01-13-2004, 12:40 PM
I'm gonna be racing some pretty big amature races this year including the Spring Classic at Lake Whitney, and hopefully the Ponca City National. Other than that, I'm gonna be keepin it local. Maybe next year I'll be able to qualify for Lorretta Lynns, but that'll be a tough one.

racerx573
01-13-2004, 12:50 PM
We got a 2nd race bike for the Open Class, and are considering a bigger trailer. Went to Florida for the Olympics, and plan on doing all the East Coast Nats.

Chanman420q
01-13-2004, 02:21 PM
My first Race is in april... so nervous:(

Atreyu
01-13-2004, 02:23 PM
Chan, what district are you racing?

brian-250
01-13-2004, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by Chanman420q
My first Race is in april... so nervous:(

same here:)

Red00Honda400EX
01-13-2004, 02:43 PM
Chknhwk and I are going to hit a couple local hair scrambles this year. I feel bad for him though, poor guy has to ride his 400ex :blah:

01-13-2004, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by Atreyu

lol. i always thought that was ice cube under there. LMAO! they look identical:eek2:

Glow Plug
01-13-2004, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by Ryan
I need money :mad: . I got a job and saving up for either a truck or a quad, eventually I'll race a few local harescrambles.

:o you sound exactly like me I don't know whether to buy a truck or save my cash for a down payment on a quad. I think i am leaning towards the truck because with a truck I can get a job which earns money which in turns grenates money for a new quad. :o

redroost85
01-13-2004, 05:09 PM
I get as serious as my cashflow allows, lol!:p

Seriously, I love to race, but I also have to work for a living too. I got to pay off my college bills and all my other junk.

I appreciate my racing more, because it ALL came about by my hard work. Mommy and daddy didn't buy squat, nor do I live with them either.

'Everything I earned, I got it honest,' truer words were never spoken. Thanks Aaron Tippin.:)

2001400ex
01-13-2004, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by Atreyu

I noticed that too lol, I thought I was the only one that noticed that...lmao:devil:

theTman
01-13-2004, 06:48 PM
Originally posted by Chanman420q
My first Race is in april... so nervous:( '

ugh..same here if i get my new quad in time...:eek:

z400chick35
01-13-2004, 08:47 PM
My first race was exciting for me. I didn't have too high of hopes, expecially since I've been the only girl racing out there for many years. The feelings great! Expecially when that gate first drops and everyones all balls out of the gate. Man, I can't wait till racing starts up again......

Werx615
01-13-2004, 09:11 PM
hopefully my first race will be in a few weeks at van leer

roostin_dale
01-13-2004, 10:05 PM
first race= Feb 7th:eek:

I am gettin pretty serious too....just bought a 20ft enclosed trailer and im racing about 5 nationls. My dad has finaly figured out this is something i really like to do too...

Narly R
01-13-2004, 10:12 PM
WOW! Thats awsome news everyone. Yeah, i am crashing a lot. I think its because I am always like, well what IF i crash, and I need to be like I AM NOT!!!!!!! CRASHING!!!!!! And defently take the PRACTICE laps slower!:mad: I just need to practice practice practice!

We need a inclosed trailer, and a better motor home. My dad said i can finally make a BIG track., not just a couple jumps....:D

Good luck to everyone, and i am shure I will see you sometime at the races...:cool:

airheadedduner
01-13-2004, 11:11 PM
Originally posted by redroost85

Seriously, I love to race, but I also have to work for a living too. I got to pay off my college bills and all my other junk.

I appreciate my racing more, because it ALL came about by my hard work. Mommy and daddy didn't buy squat.
I am in the same situation except I do live at home. I bought everything on my own and am paying my own way through college. Minor breakdowns and holidays are devistateng to me. I missed a whole month of racing because of x-mas. Its helps to have great sponsers to support you. I don't think it would be possible without the help for me.

QuadJunkies
01-14-2004, 12:35 AM
count me in the serious racing club !!!! this is my first full season and Im having the time of my life!!! I just wish I could get that money tree to grow out back so I could afford to put more GET UP in my Quad before I seriously get schooled :grr:

gibson400ex
01-14-2004, 03:04 PM
we are getting alot more serious into it. we boguth a 40 foot tralier last year and a doully(sp?) and now we might buy a Toter home.......we mgiht be opening a shop.....and my bro is getting the trx450r and my dad is redoing his dale.

roostin_dale
01-14-2004, 03:42 PM
dude your getting a totor home? That would be so sweet!

Do you have pics of the inside of your trailer?? I love that thing!

gibson400ex
01-14-2004, 03:46 PM
Originally posted by roostin_dale

we might be getting one. but IMO i dont want one cuz i woudl rather see it go towards the quads:devil: btu when i get them of the inside i will pm you and i will send them through aim.......BTW my aim s/b is Walsh 250r PEP

ScooterX
01-15-2004, 12:36 PM
WOW! Thats awsome news everyone. Yeah, i am crashing a lot. I think its because I am always like, well what IF i crash, and I need to be like I AM NOT!!!!!!! CRASHING!!!!!! And defently take the PRACTICE laps slower!:mad: I just need to practice practice practice!

We need a inclosed trailer, and a better motor home. My dad said i can finally make a BIG track., not just a couple jumps....:D

Good luck to everyone, and i am shure I will see you sometime at the races...:cool:

You probably just push yourself too much, but you shouldn't take it easy in practice. For the most part, if you don't ride hard in practice, you won't ride as hard in the race. Any pro will (or should) tell you that. Practice is where you want to push yourself the most and learn new things, i.e. finding new lines, trying different rythms, or jumping that big jump you were always scared of, and then you want to apply what you've learned in practice to your race... That way, you will be more relaxed.

Always ride hard and push yourself, but save trying new things for practice so you won't have to worry about it during your race, and when it comes time for the race, push yourself to try to ride faster doing the things you already know how to do.

gibson400ex
01-15-2004, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by roostin_dale

gibson400ex
01-15-2004, 12:53 PM
another......

gibson400ex
01-15-2004, 12:53 PM
if you want more talk to me on aim.......

Nausty
01-16-2004, 09:10 PM
i am, i'm hitting the weights about about every day. I've lost about 20 lbs since last year, eating a lot healthier, havn't been able to practice a lot, also i'm stetching more so I can be more flexible. I think thats about it.

Narly R
01-16-2004, 11:17 PM
Originally posted by ScooterX
You probably just push yourself too much, but you shouldn't take it easy in practice. For the most part, if you don't ride hard in practice, you won't ride as hard in the race. Any pro will (or should) tell you that. Practice is where you want to push yourself the most and learn new things, i.e. finding new lines, trying different rythms, or jumping that big jump you were always scared of, and then you want to apply what you've learned in practice to your race... That way, you will be more relaxed.

Always ride hard and push yourself, but save trying new things for practice so you won't have to worry about it during your race, and when it comes time for the race, push yourself to try to ride faster doing the things you already know how to do.

I know what ya mean. But this wasnt like PRACTICE, it was a few lapes b4 the race started. And I went to fast on the first lap and crashed...:mad:

I have it a lot more fugured out now.

ScooterX
01-18-2004, 02:25 PM
I know what ya mean. But this wasnt like PRACTICE, it was a few lapes b4 the race started. And I went to fast on the first lap and crashed...:mad:

I have it a lot more fugured out now.

That's the main practice I was talkin about. You want to take it easy on the first lap to make sure there isn't anything unexpected on the track and then ride the rest of practice hard like you would in the race, but dont' tire yourself out.

Lil - Braff
01-18-2004, 03:37 PM
My first race is March 28. I'm very nervous! Me and my dad have both been getting pretty serious about racing. Recently just bought my race ready 300ex (Traci's old one) and we are now looking at an enclosed trailor. We have both been eating healthier, and working out more. plus my cheerleading coach helps keep me in shape!! lol:rolleyes:

dirtmomma
01-18-2004, 03:53 PM

I appreciate my racing more, because it ALL came about by my hard work. Mommy and daddy didn't buy squat, nor do I live with them either.

'Everything I earned, I got it honest,' truer words were never spoken. Thanks Aaron Tippin.:)

DITTO HERE!! In fact we now are setting our quads back up for trail riding seeing how the race funds are dried up for now:( :( but thats ok, we havent' been trail riding forever so I think it's time to go, gotta get the little man some major seat time & trails are the best!!

01-18-2004, 03:58 PM
according to my dad i better ger serious about it!!:p

OldQuadDad
01-18-2004, 07:19 PM
how much are your entry fees for your weekly races. Its 20.00 to enter the friday or saturday races at the indoor track at Salem, Ore. also how much is it to enter the nationals that you guys go to?

gibson400ex
01-18-2004, 07:31 PM
Originally posted by OldQuadDad
how much are your entry fees for your weekly races. Its 20.00 to enter the friday or saturday races at the indoor track at Salem, Ore. also how much is it to enter the nationals that you guys go to?

well it is 40 bucks per a race.(i think) I am sure pro is alot more....

Martin Blair
01-18-2004, 07:52 PM
i am im wokring on ym bike first then getting a nice enclosed trailer im thinkg about a 16x6 or soemthign along that size

Narly R
01-18-2004, 08:12 PM
Originally posted by ScooterX
That's the main practice I was talkin about. You want to take it easy on the first lap to make sure there isn't anything unexpected on the track and then ride the rest of practice hard like you would in the race, but dont' tire yourself out.

Ohh... Yeah thats what I need to do, I dunno what I was thinking....:mad:

sportraxrider10
01-18-2004, 10:13 PM

where do you race at?

AC 400 ex 02
01-18-2004, 10:21 PM
this season i want to start racing, im rebuilding my quad for mx, i'm in the gym working out almost everyday trying to build up stamina so i dont get burnt out on the 2nd lap, hopefully if i do good i'll get more and more into it

dirtmomma
01-19-2004, 07:53 AM
Originally posted by OldQuadDad

We pay $28 for 1st class, $19 for any after that, the pro class is $40 I think, between my son & I + Dad's pit pass we blow a bone every race :eek2: that doesn't include gas,oil,parts either!!
Another series we run is $20 1st class & $15 for any after that, but it's ALOT farther to travel so it takes alot more fuel to get there. WE were gonna run the West Coast Amatuer Nationals last year but didn't, the entry fees were like $50 class:eek: BUT we WILL be going this year for sure can't wait to get the kid out there:blah:

LTandRaptorider
01-19-2004, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by dirtmomma
we blow a bone every race :eek2: [/B]

Jesus Kym! :eek2: I just blew coffee all over my keyboard when I read that!! :devil:

Narly R
01-19-2004, 12:33 PM
LMAO!...... 50 bucks a clas is pretty exspensive! Maybe I will be able to get to the Nationals alittle...

gibson400ex
01-19-2004, 01:14 PM
LMAO!...... 50 bucks a clas is pretty exspensive! Maybe I will be able to get to the Nationals alittle...

40 dollars is for the pro class.

dirtmomma
01-19-2004, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by LTandRaptorider
Jesus Kym! :eek2: I just blew coffee all over my keyboard when I read that!! :devil:

ROFLMFAO :devil: that's too funny!!

sorry:devil: :devil:

01-19-2004, 02:35 PM
I"m racin beginner class all year in MX and XC. The back of my chestprotector is gonna say,,,,, The sandbaggin ******...:eek: