PDA

View Full Version : Douglas .190 Redlabels

ex kid
01-12-2004, 04:58 PM
let me hear some opinions on theese wheels. im most likely picking a set up. how durable are they? do they ding easily? do they bend easily? do they mount up nice?

TORO1968
01-12-2004, 08:36 PM
I don't have any personal experience with these wheels, but from what I hear, they are of comparable strength to a stock Honda wheel.

I plan on buying my dune tires on a set of 0.190s...

They sure do look nice! :D

-Jordan

dbsbl1
01-12-2004, 10:25 PM
I've got a set, had 'em for about 2 years, not a problem with them. And they add a little bling...:eek2:

foleyit
01-13-2004, 10:57 AM
Douglas Red Labels...

I have a set red labels for my dirt tires front and rear for about 2 years, and I don't have any complaints about them. They looked nice and haven't had any dings in the rims. It really depends on your application for the rim. If you are going to use the rim on a set dune tires, then I would steer away from that and go with a blue label or .125 style rim. The blue labels (.125) are a lighter rim and they will be fine in the sand dunes. I run all douglas rims on my dunes and dirt tires. I did notice one thing about the Douglas rims. For the fronts for some reason the offset are wider on the Blue and Black vs. the Red label. The Red Label has the same offset as the stock rim. Also, another thing I learned about the douglas blue labels are that there are more than one offset (maybe even more than two not sure) for the blue labels for the rear rim.

Cole Trane
01-14-2004, 07:55 PM
I haven't heard anything terribly bad, but I think OMF are a little stronger. Just my 2 pennies!;)

01-15-2004, 03:13 PM
my opinion, THEY BLOW. i just causaly practice mx this year and the second time took them out the inside of the backs bent to ****. not good in my opnion. If i had to do it over id go with burgard beadlocks.

Andy479
01-16-2004, 08:17 PM
THEY ARE JUNK!!!! I had a full set of 190's on my z400 and after 6 races i was ordering beadlocks....they ding/dent up WAY too easily. I even aired my ties up to the max and they dented up just as bad. I race MX and will never order them again. I threw them in a dumpster...they looked like pretzels

01-16-2004, 09:10 PM
yup. waste of money for mx

shamisc
01-16-2004, 09:32 PM
Originally posted by ex kid
let me hear some opinions on theese wheels. im most likely picking a set up. how durable are they? do they ding easily? do they bend easily? do they mount up nice?

Unless you ride dune or flat lands, they SUCK!!! They do look good but ding and dent easy. I've had 2 sets and I have now graduated to beadlocks w/ inner reinforcment rings. I hope these will hold up to H. McCoy trails!! If you do trail riding, I would either keep my stockers or get beadlocks!!;)

01-18-2004, 12:06 AM
i think for trail riding they would be fine. just no jumping high at all