PDA

View Full Version : Would I Still Be Invited If...

Quad18star
01-12-2004, 02:44 PM
HAHA I was wondering if I would still be invited to the HM rides even if I bought a YFZ 450 . :blah: I went to the bank today and they are approving me for the loan for the quad . I'd really like to get the TRX 450r but I'm getting an awesome deal on this YFZ . Its brand new and the dealer is giving it to me at $1500 less than the cheapest Ive found around . I'm also not into the looks of the TRX450r. So YFZ450 here I come . I'm just hoping I'd be welcomed at the HM rides . LOL

MOFO
01-12-2004, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by Quad18star
HAHA I was wondering if I would still be invited to the HM rides even if I bought a YFZ 450 . :blah: I went to the bank today and they are approving me for the loan for the quad . I'd really like to get the TRX 450r but I'm getting an awesome deal on this YFZ . Its brand new and the dealer is giving it to me at $1500 less than the cheapest Ive found around . I'm also not into the looks of the TRX450r. So YFZ450 here I come . I'm just hoping I'd be welcomed at the HM rides . LOL

nope. :devil: ;)

JTRtrx250r
01-12-2004, 02:50 PM
word goin' around is they beat YFZ450 converts that go to HM rides w/ big sticks:devil: :eek2: :p :D j/p

I think if I had the choice...I'd go w/ the yami too, I aint feelin ' the looks of the Honda either:(

remlapr
01-12-2004, 03:14 PM
This is what I hear they did to the last Yamaha that showed up at one of the H/M rides :eek2:

MOFO
01-12-2004, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by remlapr
This is what I hear they did to the last Yamaha that showed up for one of the H/M rides :eek2:

that photo was not suppose to get out yet... we are still having some legal issues... that guy was pretty p'd off.... :devil:

Guy400
01-12-2004, 03:17 PM
Come on, guys. Yamaha riders are invited to the H/M rides. The only caveat being they've got to sleep in the Urban Legend's tent all week and ride his "utility":eek: :huh

.:01_eXrIdEr:.
01-12-2004, 03:22 PM
looks like a polaris utility to me...:confused: :blah:

remlapr
01-12-2004, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by Guy400
Come on, guys. Yamaha riders are invited to the H/M rides. The only caveat being they've got to sleep in the Urban Legend's tent all week and ride his "utility":eek: :huh

LMAO!!!

400exBro
01-12-2004, 03:27 PM

did you buy it from Tennysons or from someone up around you?
You going to race some mx this year?
good luck on the yammi

Glow Plug
01-12-2004, 03:27 PM
sounds like you got a good deal, what is that like 8500 cdn or so?

Quad18star
01-12-2004, 03:41 PM
Unless I can get a dealer up here to price match , I'll be buying it from Performance Cycle in Cambridge . He's got them listed at 8399 including 300 in Yammy dollars. I will be getting back into racing this year , after having taken 3 years off . It's gunna be a rough couple months trying to get back in shape .

If I'm invited to the HM rides .... I'll make sure to bring Canadian beer ... that should make up for me riding the Yammy . LOL .

Glow Plug
01-12-2004, 03:54 PM
Unless I can get a dealer up here to price match , I'll be buying it from Performance Cycle in Cambridge . He's got them listed at 8399 including 300 in Yammy dollars. I will be getting back into racing this year , after having taken 3 years off . It's gunna be a rough couple months trying to get back in shape .

If I'm invited to the HM rides .... I'll make sure to bring Canadian beer ... that should make up for me riding the Yammy . LOL .

:eek2: damn thats an awsome deal thats how much they want for a 04 400ex around here :huh :rolleyes:

01-13-2004, 02:22 PM
Bring that POS with ya and don't forget the toe rope..:D

jtej
01-13-2004, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by Rico
Bring that POS with ya and don't forget the toe rope..:D

Toe rope....what are you going to drag him around by his big toe? :huh :D Or were you trying to say tow rope so you can drag that yammy around the trails?:D

UglyMotha™
01-13-2004, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by Guy400
and ride his "utility":eek: :huh

oooooooh :blah:

400exBro
01-13-2004, 03:42 PM

They are 20 mins away from me, damn i never relized they had a great price... is that for an 04 or 05 model

Glow Plug
01-13-2004, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by 400exBro
They are 20 mins away from me, damn i never relized they had a great price... is that for an 04 or 05 model

:huh

05's aren't usually out until like september

Pappy
01-13-2004, 04:13 PM
we allow yamaha's:o

just not canadians:eek: :devil: :blah:

Quad18star
01-13-2004, 05:30 PM
Ok this deal starts to get even better now ...I got him to fax me down a price quote which is valid for 15 or 30 days .... i thought it was gunna be 8399 + 200 for the Freight and PDI ... but its really 8199+200 which brings it to $8399.. Out The Door I'll be paying less than $9600 which is $200 less than MSRP ( taxes are included already) . Like i said I'd love to get a TRX450r but I just cant pass on a deal like this . Also theres no payments or interest for 6 months .

Well if you guys let me come , I'll bring you some REAL beer and some Canadian Club whisky .... but then I think you'd all get pissed off cuz I'd be putting you guys all to bed . Remember ... Legal drinking age is 19 in our province and Ive been in the bars since I'm 16 .... I've got enough experience under my belt to go toe to toe with pappy and Rico .... Bring your pillows , cuz I'm putting you guys to bed !!!!:blah: :devil:

Pappy
01-13-2004, 05:33 PM

I've got enough experience under my belt to go toe to toe with pappy and Rico .... Bring your pillows , cuz I'm putting you guys to bed !!!!:blah: :devil:

thats mighty big talk eh?:devil: :blah: you bring it and me and rico will be dragging your sorry *** to the legend for servicing at 3 am:eek:

MOFO
01-13-2004, 05:33 PM

Well if you guys let me come , I'll bring you some REAL beer and some Canadian Club whisky .... but then I think you'd all get pissed off cuz I'd be putting you guys all to bed . Remember ... Legal drinking age is 19 in our province and Ive been in the bars since I'm 16 .... I've got enough experience under my belt to go toe to toe with pappy and Rico .... Bring your pillows , cuz I'm putting you guys to bed !!!!:blah: :devil:

I think you need to get atleast one trip of H/M under your belt before you make such a claim... trust me... ALOT of booze gets put away around the camp site at night. :devil:

looks like you'll have a blast if you do make it though!

01-13-2004, 05:38 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
thats mighty big talk eh?:devil: :blah: you bring it and me and rico will be dragging your sorry *** to the legend for servicing at 3 am:eek:

:muscle:

Quad18star
01-13-2004, 05:55 PM
HAHA .... the only thing I'll be dragging is the puke bucket to your campers/tents to make sure you dont make a mess all over the place . :devil: Can someone gimme the exact location that the ride happens ... so that I can try and figure out how long it would take me to drive down there . I'm a little far north ( 4 hrs north of Toronto) ... I'm guessing probably a 22 hour drive or something . No matter what ... if I'm invited ... we'll have a good time. If you guys insist on me bringing a Honda .... I'll just ahve to slap the YFZ 450 motor in the old TRX 250 ( not 250R) frame . I'll have to admit ... Honda's are bulletproof ... Ive tried to kill this bike for the past 15 years ... If my dad only knew that, that bike can fly about 8 feet up and not blow out the 5 inch travel shocks . LOL

MOFO
01-13-2004, 05:57 PM
Jump on Mapquest.com and look for LOGAN,WV

thats gonna be one long arse haul!!!

01-13-2004, 06:02 PM
I"m sure when the word gets out there could be a few guys around your area or in the northern part of the states that would like to hitch a ride down..:cool:

http://ricoracing.netfirms.com/Smilies/026hatfieldride.gif

Quad18star
01-13-2004, 06:10 PM
Yeah .. thats true also . I knwo theres a few guys in my area that have a few built up bieks that would enjoy comming down .. couple Z450s , 440ex etc. Gunna have to set up a lil Canadian village down there . Is there an approximate date set for the ride yet??

I just checked it out ... Not as bad as I thought it was gunna be . Only an 12 and half hour drive or 813.3 miles ... I can make it in 10 hours guaranteed . :D

400exBro
01-13-2004, 06:46 PM
so do you know the exact out the door price that the yfz 450 will cost you??

damn i might have to jump that stuff too... i like the blue colour!!!

Quad18star
01-13-2004, 07:27 PM
Out The Door I'm looking at .....$9693.85 . Thats Licensed , full tank of fuel and ready to roll .

xr50layke
01-13-2004, 07:29 PM
This is what I hear they did to the last Yamaha that showed up at one of the H/M rides :eek2:

then whats going to happen to the banshee in the backround?!

remlapr
01-13-2004, 08:41 PM
Seriously - I think it would be awesome for someone to drive that far to come to one of the H/M rides.

xr50layke
01-13-2004, 08:46 PM
Seriously - I think it would be awesome for someone to drive that far to come to one of the H/M rides.

i live in ontario but i want to live around the kentucky/arkansaws area or wherever you guys live !!

Quad18star
01-13-2004, 10:45 PM
Originally posted by xr50layke
i live in ontario but i want to live around the kentucky/arkansaws area or wherever you guys live !! Where in Ontario do you live?? I was supposed to move down to Ohio about 3 years ago and race down there ... but do to an unfortunate accident .... racing got cut short and sponsors let me go ..... there went my hopes of moving down there . Now the only chance i got is if Royal Distributing ever opens a store in the upper states . Would be great to head a store down there . :D

I'm willing to make the drive down if I can round up enough guys to make the haul for a week . Hoepfully by then I'll have a new Avalanche ... the old Dodge is on its last legs I think.