PDA

View Full Version : WB E-Series vs. Big Gun???

02-21-2002, 12:20 PM
Hey all I just bought a 2000 400ex and I was trying to decide on whether I should buy a WB E-Series or the Big Gun. I was just wondering if I could get some input on which would provide me with the best performance and why.
Thanks,
FullThrottle

330EXman
02-21-2002, 12:28 PM
out of those to pipes the big gun would provide the most hp. the big gun has more high flow and also state of the art coating for lower heat.

HP GAINS = AROUND 3-4 HP AND WITH MODS HELPS

MY CHOICE WOULD BE A ct RACING SYSTEM OR A LRD SYSTEM I LIKE THE LRD'S THE MOST AND THEY WILL PROFORM THE BEST.
THEY ARE ALITTLE MORE BUT WORTH THE MONEY

HP GAINS = 4-5
MY 2 CENTS

LATER MAN jay

exriderdude
02-21-2002, 01:11 PM
i have a dirt wheels with a pipe shootout on the 400. the white bros did better than big gun

Kadafiy
02-21-2002, 03:43 PM
I'm loking to get a pipe for my 400 too and was looking at the E series, but then decided on the Pro Circuit t-4. I likes the WB an the Yoshi but decided on the PC because it was cheap (187.99 is what I found), quiet (95 db), and gives good hp gains. (based on Dirtwheels dyno test)

K400EX&A250EX
02-21-2002, 04:34 PM
I don't have the Dirt Wheels, and I'm pretty much a beginning "EX Rider", but I'll tell you my experience for whatever it is worth.

I went to a guy here in the Phoenix area who has a good rep for four-stroke work and asked him his opinion between the White Brothers and Big Gun. He recommended the Big Gun so I went that route. I got the Big Gun Race full system and installed it myself. It went on painlessly and looked great. Then, since I didn't have any experience working on quads, I bought the Honda Maintenance Manual. With the manual in hand, I changed the jets and moved the needle clip according to Big Gun's recommendations and put everything back together. Everything went smoothly and the bike ran great. I didn't have a chance to ride it until I got to the dunes last weekend. I was very happy with the results, especially after riding my brother-in-law's 400EX with an FMF full system, and comparing the two. My brother-in-law said he was impressed as well.

Again, I am not an expert and couldn't tell you which pipe is better or worse, and my guess is that there are pipes out there better than both, but my experience with Big Gun has been a good one, and I'm a satisfied Big Gun customer.

crouse267
02-21-2002, 04:49 PM
a cupple weaks a go we put a big gunon my buddies 400 and it had good gains. then a week later he got a pro meg e series and put that on and :D wow:D that really made it come alive so that was what we had for results.

joe250
02-21-2002, 06:59 PM
I got a big gun for my 250ex, and it works great. It is only the slip-on, so i can't imagine what a full system will do. looks great sounds great works great, i would go with the big gun

Sparky416ex
02-21-2002, 07:38 PM
Hi I would suggest the big gun, It looks lik it would be lighter and trust me that makes a difference. the E series from what i have heard is a good pipe butt, i have a big gun on my 416 and its a great sounding pipe. Also great looking. The big gun sounds better than the WB, i know cuz my uncle has an WB e-series on his yamiyaw craptor, and my 416 sounds better. Go with the gun
and ride red!!

Kadafiy
02-21-2002, 07:57 PM
How loud is the big gun?

Matt Fisher
02-22-2002, 07:37 AM
White Bros complete system. Check out GT Thunder's dyno shootout, the Big Gun doesn't do too well: http://www.geocities.com/gtthunder.geo/testbed_set.html

Dave400ex
02-22-2002, 05:19 PM
I would get the Pro-Meg E Series over Big Gun anyday. If Sound does not Matter, I would get a Curtis Sparks, LRD, CT, TC, or a Duncan Pipe. They are all Engine Builders Pipes. I think those Pipes add More Power. Not all of the Time, but most of the Time. The only thing bad about the Engine Builders Pipes is that they are all really Loud. I like my TC Pipe and how it Sounds.

joe250
02-22-2002, 08:52 PM
THe big gun is pretty loud, I think its tound 109db. The GT thunder pipe shootoutwas with the old big gun header, the new one has wider pipes to help out on the top end.

330EXman
02-23-2002, 08:18 AM
ya definaltly get a LRD or tc, ct, these three things are the best pipe makers. these will give you the most gains. they are very loud and even louder with mods. well i suggest and way you go go with one of these three pipe makers.

later -- Jay

canadian400ex
02-23-2002, 12:23 PM
Slip-on only: Big Gun= 97 db
WB E-series= 95 db

I have the Big Gun slip-on and love it.

crouse267
02-24-2002, 06:22 AM
when u set the big gun header next to a pro meg header there is no comparison in size the pro meg is ALOT larger in dia. so the big gun is allright on a mild bike but if u are going to mod it more (but who would want to do that?;) ) go for the pro meg. more flow = more power. and if u want serious hp go with a lrd or tc if u can stand the sound