PDA

View Full Version : hot cams for 400ex.....

flyin_high
01-12-2004, 09:17 AM
im getting a cam for my 400 but wanted to know what one would be good out of the stage one or stage two hotcam if i wanted to get low end power for more snap on take off, and if i got the hot cam, would i hafta changed the stock valve springs or could i leave the valve prings alone and the bike still run ok. got an after market exaust, dyno jet kit and removed airbox lid, need to know asap if i hafta change the valve springs for either the stage one or stage two hot cam and what one would be best for more take off and low end power, thanks alot. hope to hear from yas soon.....

remlapr
01-12-2004, 09:21 AM
Stage 1 is more of a low mid cam and probably would give you want you want. They are a "drop-in" cam, meaning you shouldn't have to change to heavy duty springs or hardened rockers to run it. If you are going to stay with your stock bore/compression motor and are looking for snappy, you should also go with the Sparks ignition advance key in addition to the stage 1 hot cam.

sickmojave
01-12-2004, 09:22 AM
the Hot cams are drop in cams which means you won't have to change anything. and for what you want I would say the Hot cams 1 would be the best.

*edit* I think remlapr and I posted at the same time. But I agree with him
;)

flyin_high
01-12-2004, 12:02 PM
okay, thanks alot boys, take er cool.

Jeremy,
Fredericton nb

flyin_high
01-12-2004, 12:04 PM
whats the sparks ignition advance key??? havent heard of one of those before and how much would one of them cost

remlapr
01-12-2004, 01:24 PM
They are only around $15. Do a search of the forums for "sparks key*" and you will find a ton of info. Make sure to include the astrisk in the search. They can be ordered from the site sponsor, C & D racing.

sickmojave
01-12-2004, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by remlapr
They are only around $15. Do a search of the forums for "sparks key*" and you will find a ton of info. Make sure to include the astrisk in the search. They can be ordered from the site sponsor, C & D racing.

That's where I got mine from :D don't forget the side cover gasket. ;)