PDA

View Full Version : Tim Farr comes in third

ATC83
01-12-2004, 06:29 AM
I heard that Keith Little won the first round of the Formulas USA Pro Quad Series on a Yamaha YFZ450 and Doug gust came in second with Tim Farr coming in third. If it’s true it’s a really pathetic start for a factory-backed rider like Tim Farr and the new Honda TRX450R.

r450rr
01-12-2004, 06:40 AM
u would say that....
the fact is it has already won a race with about 7 other built yfz's and it being stock .. also it won the baja 1000...

dont expect it to win every race...ur pathectic if u think that..

go honda...

but i do bet by the end of the season it will have won more races than the yamabomb yfz.

nice post buddy ur really supporting the cause expect to get some mixed reviews about this one,,

lukester720
01-12-2004, 07:38 AM
Originally posted by ATC83
I heard that Keith Little won the first round of the Formulas USA Pro Quad Series on a Yamaha YFZ450 and Doug gust came in second with Tim Farr coming in third. If it’s true it’s a really pathetic start for a factory-backed rider like Tim Farr and the new Honda TRX450R.

Hey guess what? Gust won his heat race, Farr won his heat race. In the main event tim farr took the holeshot on the 450r and led the race till about the halfway point before being passed. The competition was 6 yfz's,1 suzuki, 1 kfx, and one 450r. www.********.com gives the race report since you obviously haven't read it yet. Yeh Tim Farr should be ashamed of himself and his quad!lol

86atc250r
01-12-2004, 10:40 AM
ATC83. Lets look at the 4 scenarios available...

High Road
1.) Tim Farr won - you post a message congratulating him and praising his performance aboard brand new quad. It's a great time for Sport/Race ATVs!

2.) Tim Farr did not win, but did podium -- you post nothing or post congratulating Tim on his podium showing & his winning heat races and taking the holeshot, but acknowledge that he may need more practice or tuning to bring himself or his quad to the top (and/or some other circumstances came about -- after all, this is racing & you can't win them all).

Low Road
3.) Tim Farr won - you post a message full of excuses why a YFZ didn't win (much like was done by the YFZ Nazis in any post about the Baja)

4.) Tim Farr did not win and you post some lame message attempting to gloat over this loss...

Surprise !!!

ATC83 took the low road...

Guess it's easy to figure out what you see threatening your YFZ the most, since you made no mention of Gust (also a factory backed rider) not winning on his race.

Maxx_Action
01-12-2004, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by 86atc250r
ATC83. Lets look at the 4 scenarios available...

High Road
1.) Tim Farr won - you post a message congratulating him and praising his performance aboard brand new quad. It's a great time for Sport/Race ATVs!

2.) Tim Farr did not win, but did podium -- you post nothing or post congratulating Tim on his podium showing & his winning heat races and taking the holeshot, but acknowledge that he may need more practice or tuning to bring himself or his quad to the top (and/or some other circumstances came about -- after all, this is racing & you can't win them all).

Low Road
3.) Tim Farr won - you post a message full of excuses why a YFZ didn't win (much like was done by the YFZ Nazis in any post about the Baja)

4.) Tim Farr did not win and you post some lame message attempting to gloat over this loss...

Surprise !!!

ATC83 took the low road...

Guess it's easy to figure out what you see threatening your YFZ the most, since you made no mention of Gust (also a factory backed rider) not winning on his race.

YFZ Nazis.....:D

Thats great! Nice one, I think that overall it is good for the sport to have Honda with a new entry into the race quad arena. Gonna be even better when Suzi comes out with their 450 next year. I think though that people overestimated Farr getting the hole shot, he was on the inside(right) front row and it just so happened that it was a hard right turn first after the start. I think those guys are all great, God knows I couldnt ride anywhere in their neighborhoods, but, all the 450R "Gestapo" are quick to point out that he got the hole shot. Little consellation if you don't come in first...

Maxx:

rtyfz450
01-12-2004, 04:21 PM
slandering Farr and Honda doesn't win you any points so why even make a comment like that. you should be congratulating all riders on thier good finishes. However, I will bet that their will be some tough competition this year and Farr will not have a lock on a title of any kind. Jones is killer on a yammie and any bike for that matter and he has won the pro class for how many years now?:D

Guy400
01-12-2004, 04:48 PM
http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=87101

Kill me now!! There's already a post about this, ATC83. Your only point was to create a ruckus. As Gabe pointed out, why aren't you slamming Suzuki and their factory-backed team or are you insecure about the TRX? You're a freakin' idiot if you think Honda and Tim Farr will win every race. I don't think Honda loyalists even believe this.

Good job to ALL riders involved.