PDA

View Full Version : just bought the WB full race kits! your thought's please!

Ryan-WB440ex
02-21-2002, 11:52 AM
hey guy im new to your forum's and fairly new to ATV riding, i just got a 2001 400ex this january 2002, i have been riding nearly everyday since i got it, i lacked power in low end for hitting a good jump with no runway at it =), so i ordered the full WB race kit, which is

-JE bigbore piston kit (11:1) comes with sleeve, gaskets etc..
-WB rev kit (adds 1200 RPM)
-WB power filter
-WB E-series pro-meg complete exaust system
-Barnett heavy duty clutch springs
-WB (Track) cam

now have any of you ever run this setup, or have any suggestions as to further mods i should go with, or tunning tips for this setup? the shop who will be installing it when it arrives next week has never installed one before they are mainly a super bike shop with Ducati 916's etc.... I would greatly apprciate any info or comments you have =)

Thank you
R.K.
:devil :devil

02-21-2002, 12:24 PM
You'll most definitly like the power boost,,you'll look like this :D on your first ride out with it. When you do pick it up,,,take it out for a 15 minute ride at no more than half throttle. Let the motor cool all the way down, then do the 15 minute ride again at half throttle and let it cool all the way down,,were you can put your face on the header pipe,,cooled down. Then take er out fer a 20 or 30 minute ride maybe 3/4 throttle not wide open yet,,after that I'd say your completely and safely broke in,,,,then you can put the hammer down. OH go get some safety gear if ya ain't got any.

02-21-2002, 02:54 PM
does anybody have any jetting specs for this kit. i'm almost done putting mine back togeather. i was planning on uping the main jet a few sizes and running it see what happens.

stevengates45
02-21-2002, 04:35 PM
I would email WB & ask what they reccomend.