View Full Version : Not till March now..

Sandgod4
01-11-2004, 08:20 PM
My bro sold a YFZ on ebay, he already has one. A guy from San Diego bought it and said he went to Alba asking about the 450r and YFZ. I guess YFZ's are very hard to come by in California and they are getting full retail and most cases more. Alba said they were told March on the 450r. I guess Alba sold 100 YFZ's last month. Just what I heard. Don't shoot the messenger.

r450rr
01-11-2004, 10:33 PM
i am still hoping jan 28.. but i dunno

i just frieking hope its this year lol..

or i hope if they keep delaying it they will atleast put a 05 sticker on it

2004TRX450R
01-12-2004, 12:48 AM
well I'm going by the place that I am going to get mine tomorrow to get some of the fine details worked out so I will find out from them what the latest news is. I would still say the 28th unless I hear different from Honda.

ThomsonRacing
01-12-2004, 01:25 AM
The latest I have heard is Jan 28th also...however, the apparent reason is that it was only making about 34 hp at the rear wheels in stock form so they decided to basically put the hrc mod kit in (at least the bigger cam anyway) straight from the factory. If Honda doesn't offer the hop-up kit, we'll know this was the real reason for the delay...if they do, I would still ask my dealer some questions before I went out and paid extra for it.

I am just glad that I went with the YFZ and wait for the TRX...don't get me wrong, I love Honda's and still have my full-race 400ex...but there is no way that the serious mxers are going to get the parts they need for the TRX450R by the time race season starts...in fact, most will be lucky if they even have their quad by then.