PDA

View Full Version : well not a good day

J25
01-11-2004, 06:46 PM
vwell i hhad pretty good wreck today, i jus bought brand new itp t-9 rims and messed one up already.... i was comin down a hill in 2nd on my 400 and went to take a turn and hit ice and plowed right into a tree, it hit my right front rim, and spun the bike around te tree, i went forward and hit my head off the tree but i was ok, i thought everything was fine and then when i pulled my bike off the tree it had a flat and started lookin and on the inside of the rim there are two spots messed up pretty bad on the rim, and when i got it off, the middle part of the rim where the hole is looks like its bowed out..... and my tie rod was bent really bad, it was prolly bent and a 120 degree angle.... i was so pissed because today was my first day riding after gettin the frame painted and put back together, it was my first ride on the rims to i got em for x mas, i email itp see if they could do nothin and im gonna call the dealer i bought them from hopefully i can get a new rim,,,,

sorry so long had to vent:o

lil400exman
01-11-2004, 06:49 PM
thats riding..........talk about a bad wreck 4th time i had my new yz125 out i broke my femur and now have a 18 inch titanium rod in my leg with screws holding it together thats gonna be in there for the rest of my life;)

AtvMxRider
01-11-2004, 06:52 PM
ITp or the dealer is not going to give you a new rim because you wrecked your quad. The best thing you can do is oreder you a new one.

Guy400
01-11-2004, 07:02 PM
Originally posted by AtvMxRider
ITp or the dealer is not going to give you a new rime because you wrecked your quad. The best thing you can do is oreder you a new one. You beat me to it:D

Riinngg....rriiinngg...rriiinnggg..."Hello, Chevy? I wrecked my car today, is there any way you can replace it?"

<click>

knighttime
01-11-2004, 07:06 PM
lol :D

stupid driver
01-11-2004, 07:20 PM
that sucks. I got grounded from my quad for a month this week. Needless to say, i learned my lesson real fast. :(

2001400ex
01-11-2004, 07:40 PM
I almost had a wreck today too. Usually I ride my quad hard through the trails by my house but today I was just too tired to ride hard, so I was just casually riding. About 50% of the trail which is about a mile long is completely filled with ice. I had to crawl over the ice, but if I came ripping down that hill like I usually do, doing 40mph I would've serioussly flipped my quad and probably hurt myself real bad. Maybe if the ice is still there tommorrow I'll post the pics of what the trail looks like.

JOEX
01-11-2004, 09:07 PM
It sucks breaking stuff but on the first ride it is a billion times worse:(

I'm assuming you had a helmet on or else you have a really thick head! LOL! Good to hear you're ok;)

Tie rods are cheap to replace, don't count on a new rim from ITP though.

Joe

Berry
01-11-2004, 09:19 PM
my 1st race with my new douglas wheels i was coming through the woops and smacked the wall (it was an inside race) all it did was bend the lip pretty bad but im not worried about it because it still holds air and everything

01-12-2004, 05:34 AM
my tierod I bent on mine last week was only $8.00 at my stealership & very easy to install....a half blind retarded monkey could figure it out...(needless to say)....i did figure it outm w/o a manual or anything else