PDA

View Full Version : O/T:sell the cruiser for my 250R?

lil400exman
01-11-2004, 06:13 PM
Sorry for the long post! Please read!

hey guys i need you help. I need you all to really think on this with my viewpoint. I have my R basically done except a few lil doo-dads here and there. I also recently acquired a 1978 Fj-40. The FJ needs a restore but its a really really good machine. I would have to sell the R to have enough money to finish off the lcash needed for my resto.Should i sell this thing and put that into my R or sell the R and put the $$$ into it? if i did sell it i would with no doubt pick up a quad down the road. This landcruiser will take about 12,000 dollars to get it where i want to. My R is better than stock now. I dont know what to do. I am also toying with the idea of keeping the fj-40 in the barn and then save up all i can for a year then take out a loan for the rest of the funds i need?I got a daily driver right now but this is a vehicle i really like.I need you all to think in my shoes. I am in college and high skool and have a yearly budget i have to work with. Thanks everyone for your help. If i think about this anymore i think my brain might explode!

killed300ex
01-11-2004, 06:22 PM
keep it in the barn and save up finish up the r then save up to restore the bike
killed

lil400exman
01-11-2004, 06:41 PM
please anyone else!!!!!!!!!!!!!:(

lil400exman
01-11-2004, 07:19 PM
i know some people here have brains.............i wish they could get the fingers to type what it thinks............:rolleyes:

brian-250
01-11-2004, 07:30 PM
Originally posted by killed300ex
keep it in the barn and save up finish up the r then save up to restore the bike
killed

yea,what he said

marksuttonjr
01-11-2004, 07:38 PM
Originally posted by killed300ex
killed

I agree. especialy since you say that you are still in school. You can always do the restore after you get out of school and get a good job.
I wish that I had kept a few things that I got rid of when I was in school.....

JTRtrx250r
01-11-2004, 07:44 PM
just remember ...I kept mine when ya told me to haha;)

Seriously bro... I also think you should stash it away in the barn,that way ..you wont have to get rid of anything and can take your time and get her just how you'd like;)
(btw..hows that leg doin'?)

lil400exman
01-11-2004, 07:49 PM
Originally posted by JTRtrx250r
just remember ...I kept mine when ya told me to haha;)

Seriously bro... I also think you should stash it away in the barn,that way ..you wont have to get rid of anything and can take your time and get her just how you'd like;)
(btw..hows that leg doin'?)
its there! lol i can walk again but my stupid hip is messed up.............the tendons/muscles they cut to do the surgery now have fully healed but they healed up shorter so they make it so tight that i cant walk or anything...........so i am getting it loosened up to work with so i can walk without a stupid limp:rolleyes: thanks for asking jeremy!

btw hows that frame sitsuation>?
:macho

JTRtrx250r
01-11-2004, 08:13 PM
Originally posted by lil400exman
its there! lol i can walk again but my stupid hip is messed up.............the tendons/muscles they cut to do the surgery now have fully healed but they healed up shorter so they make it so tight that i cant walk or anything...........so i am getting it loosened up to work with so i can walk without a stupid limp:rolleyes: thanks for asking jeremy!

btw hows that frame sitsuation>?
:macho well I was supposed to pick up an 87 roller today but the frame was bent on it too :rolleyes: haha

So for now Im just gonna keep beatin' on the 1 I have now until I find another, I think I know where another is, hopefully gonna go check it out this weekend, I did score everything from that 87 today tho,just not the frame,did get an aftermarket swingarm and carrier(Eyeball Engineering) ,new wheels and tires and a bunch of other stuff,pretty much everything but the frame,motor,electrical and radiator...all for a kart motor so I think I did ok:D :cool:

Glad to hear you back on your feet:cool: I bit it bad 1 time a few yrs back and waisted my knee-cap, I couldnt bend my leg for 6 weeks and it was extremely tight for a couple weeks after, I had to put a soccerball behind my knee for rehab and slowely bend it further each night until I could do it w/o the ball, hang in there and keep working it a bit more each day...they'll start to stretch again,good luck w/ it;)

lil400exman
01-11-2004, 08:32 PM
lol yeah i know i will get back to normal but it suxs cause i want to ride! also about that frame bummer! also just go to races there are alot of good frames there i have found........btw good trade!;)

Martin Blair
01-11-2004, 08:46 PM
personaly i would keep the R your not goign to get what you put in it back so sell the curser and stick with quads, buy the aprts you want, if you sell the R you will regret it forever.

sickyellow400ex
01-13-2004, 08:40 PM
keep the landcrusier, my sisters boyfriend has a 78 and its awsome he pulls me out all the time, but yea just keep it in the barn and eaither save or spend a little here and a little there, but definatly dont get rid of it

lil400exman
01-13-2004, 08:50 PM
Originally posted by sickyellow400ex
keep the landcrusier, my sisters boyfriend has a 78 and its awsome he pulls me out all the time, but yea just keep it in the barn and eaither save or spend a little here and a little there, but definatly dont get rid of it
thanks that is what i am gonna do!:devil:

marksuttonjr
01-13-2004, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by lil400exman
thanks that is what i am gonna do!:devil:

Glad to see that you are keeping them both.. You can never have too many toys.

rollie
01-15-2004, 01:35 PM
yea i would keep the R and save up for restoring the fj-40