PDA

View Full Version : A-arm Problem

xN8x
01-11-2004, 05:24 PM
I started noticing that my a-arm joints squeek whenever any movement or pressure is applied to them. So I pulled them apart, cleaned them, and put anti-seize in them. That helped for about a day or two, but then the problem came back. They still squeek. Has anyone else had this problem? Does anyone know how to fix it? Any help would be appreciated. Thank-you.

JOEX
01-11-2004, 05:43 PM
Alot of times it is the shock mount that squeaks. Clean and lube them and see how it works for you.

Joe

xN8x
01-11-2004, 06:20 PM
I did the shock mounts about a year before this started when I replaced one of my shocks. They never gave me problems after that, but maybe they are now, I'll try that.

01-12-2004, 05:30 AM
mine are doing the exact same thing & I know its not my shock mounts b/c my shocks are off to get revalved & it still does it when I move my aarms up & down....I sprayed a ****load og white lithium grease in the pivot areas & moved he aarms up & down & let it soak inside & it stopped squeaking...this also works on your steering stem

toby400ex
01-15-2004, 09:12 PM
When i had the stock bearings i took em apart cleaned em and packed those buggers with grease.