PDA

View Full Version : Clutch lever and cable???

ChadEXer
02-21-2002, 07:48 AM
My clutch on my 416 seems too hard to pull. I have replaced the stock cable and lubed it and it is still harder to pull than it should be. What kind of aftermarket lever and cable is good to get. What brands and how much are they?
Thanks

02-21-2002, 11:13 AM
DIRT-DEALS.COM

I just bought a WorksConnection ProPerch and Lever with a Magnum rear brake blockoff for like 109.00 with shipping. This perch and lever is the sh_t! Kinda spendy but you will be really happy with the installation and the way it works. I can adjust on the fly with the thumb adjuster from stock pull to almost no pull at all. It has a nice billet look with a sleeve that allows it to twist instead of just breaking off if you roll your quad. I'm using my stock cable with so you dont need to buy another one. The blockoff cover is aluminum... not polished when you get it but take 10min with some mothers polish and a rag ... comes out really nice. Installation all together was about 20min tops.

ChadEXer
02-21-2002, 12:27 PM
I have been hearing that I should get a MSR EZ pull lever and a Motion Pro Terminator clutch cable. Does anybody have this? If so how do you like it
Thanks

Evan
02-21-2002, 12:32 PM
I had that setup on my ATC250R and I felt it was like a new clutch all together. But I had the shorty which made it pull slightly harder so if you got a standard lentght lever it would really be easy. PEP levers are pretty good for the money, that is what I have on my 400 right now. On my R I will have terminator with a CR lever and perch.

ChadEXer
02-21-2002, 02:48 PM
I guess Ill call Terry Marcum and see if hes got the MSR levers.
Thanks