PDA

View Full Version : camping info for all LBL riders

02-21-2002, 07:37 AM
Here's some info for anyone goin to LBL in April for the exriders get together...THis place is about 5 minutes away and has not only campsites but small cabins you can rent for like $30 a night,,but the cabin is basically a shelter with a front porch,,no beds or sinks,,etc...A good place to stay dry.

Wranglers Campground,,,,,,,,,,,To reserve a shelter, call
270-924-2044, Mon-Fri, 8am-4pm.

Quadfather
02-21-2002, 02:16 PM
What, and where is LBL?

Moto92
02-21-2002, 10:28 PM
Its regaurding the EXrider group ride at Turkey Bay at LBL...Land Between the Lakes in western Kentucky.
Is that where you are going to stay Rico? Id think it would be better if we all stayed in the same location. Ive never stayed overnight there so I dont know where to go. I just thought maybe we were going to camp at TB itself, like down by where the main road inside goes down by the lake.

400exdad
02-22-2002, 07:51 PM
We just got back from there this past weekend. Weather was perfect! Rained on the way up and when we crossed the TN river, it stopped. A little chilly at night, but 45-55 or so during the day. PERFECT. We went up to the silo and were lucky enough to see a bald eagle soaring in the air about 30' away. It was awesome!

We had never camped there until this time. No electricity. They upgraded the johnny's though. There is some water somewhere, I hear... as in one faucet for everyone. Anyway, we stayed in a 20' enclosed with a house (propane) heater in it. It couldn't have been any better.... Well we did miss watching Huevos Grandes vids at the trailer at night. Generator is too noisy! There is an area designated for 24hr. generators for those of you who have them.:D

400exdad
02-22-2002, 07:55 PM
Rico.... Oh yeah, my son and I came out of the woods and onto one of the coves there. This guy was on a 400 with cut fenders and a number on the front... I stopped and asked him if his name was Rico.:p Of course he had never heard of EXRiders. I filled him in on the April ride.

Warrioreater400ex
02-22-2002, 11:04 PM
arghh sounds like so much fun, its not too far of a drive from memphis, but im only 15 :( , 1. i cant drive yet, and 2. id have to ride a 90cc bike or below.... :grr :grr :grr o well ill be there next year, guaranteed!

froggieboi
02-23-2002, 02:29 AM
What are the dates for the meet down at LBL?

400exdad
02-23-2002, 05:28 AM
BlastrEatr300ex,

We drove up from Memphis too. About 4 hrs. I think you could ride the 300. They don't check that too closely. As a matter of fact, I just realized that I clearly had his age as 11 when I registered him on his 80.

Where do you guys usually ride in Memphis?

Moto92
02-23-2002, 10:46 AM
froggie, the dates are April 5-7.

02-25-2002, 12:47 PM
I'll be reserving a cabin this week for the trip,,I believe they're setup for around 4 people,,,I'd like to camp at turkey bay,,but we're comin up on the rainy season and knowing I have a solid shelter around and over me sounds much better than bein stuck in a tent if it does rain..once I get everything straightened out I'll post the location and cabin number for you other guys if ya want to reserve one close,,so we can sit around at night and tell lie's about how fast we are..:D

I'll be in Cabin A-4 at wranglers campground,,,it's located near the front entrance,,they said they have no more small cabins but do have 2 large ones left right next to the cabin I got.

Large cabins are $49
small cabins are $29 both have electric but no water
but showers are in campground.

I won't be down until saturday either...:(

02-28-2002, 02:28 PM
bump

Striker49
02-28-2002, 05:50 PM
Hey guys.....like Rico said....I wont be down til Saturday either. My dad cant stand ridin for more than 2 days and hes the only one who can take me. Also, dont worry bout the age limits, ive been 6 times and im not 16 for a little over a week now. I wouldnt worry bout it. Also, it was planned that i would be up there at Wranglers that weekend too Rico but that got cancelled so ill just be goin home everynight since i only live an hour away.
Also, ill get some pics developed of the "BLUE" trailer and post em when i get em. You cant miss it. Also Ill try to keep ya updated on the weather as the date get nearer. I think its like 35 days til the ride :D How you guys wanna ride? Ride as a group or split up? I personally dont care but you have to agree not to run off and leave us lower displacement guys behind ;) GTG for now though but ill try to keep updated on the post and the ride as it draws nearer. Later peeps.

froggieboi
02-28-2002, 11:08 PM
Does anyone know if there will be any dirtbikes going down? A friend of mine wants to go but doesnt want to be the only one there.

Striker49
03-01-2002, 05:49 AM
Tell him to come down......there may not be any bikes with us but we can always use another rider, just tell him not to run off and leave us ;)

03-01-2002, 08:36 AM
Originally posted by froggieboi
Does anyone know if there will be any dirtbikes going down? A friend of mine wants to go but doesnt want to be the only one there.

The morons I'll be with are on bikes,,,I'm sure there will be plenty of bikes comin too.

Striker49
03-06-2002, 02:53 PM
Ive only mangaged to get one friend to come, but I dont even know if hes 100% for sure yet. Cant wait to see your and crhye250r's quads, they are both the shiznit. :devil

Ill have Razors on mine by the time of the ride any possibly a K&N, Rethals, or Nerfs. Just hope the weather is good though huh? :blah

03-07-2002, 08:31 AM
Originally posted by Striker49
Just hope the weather is good though huh? :blah

You and me both brother,,,,Dang that reminds me I still gotta buy some front plastic with fenders..:eek: :blah

Striker49
03-07-2002, 05:24 PM
As long as it doesnt rain you prolly want need fenders but if it does youll regret it if ya dont have em. Ive got finders but it sure doesnt seem like it, i get covered even if I go through a little puddle. lol :devil Itll be dustier than shiznit if it doesnt rain though.

03-10-2002, 10:25 PM
gosh ive been looking forward to this since i became a member Rico get with me and well carivan down there or something

03-11-2002, 07:36 AM
GTcobra I still got a phone number you give me,,I'll be giving you a call soon,,,maybe we can meet up at the monon station one night before the trip...I'm sure you know were the moron station is??