PDA

View Full Version : how do you like your works shocks?>

JDiablo
01-11-2004, 10:29 AM
i was just wondering on how do you like them,i no there not the best,but i have no need to get the best shocks.i was thikin dual rate without rezzies,but is ther a diffrence for them with the rezzies?

EvilJester400EX
01-11-2004, 10:33 AM
Go with the triple rate with res. I have them on my 400ex and yeah, they're not the best, but I give them some credit. They can take 70ft jumps with ease as long as you land right. Don't land right, and you're gonna hurt, lol. They're great for someone who doesn't need the 'top of the line' shocks.

LTandRaptorider
01-11-2004, 10:34 AM
I had the dual rate without rezzies on my LT. They are better than stock, but I wanted more adjustability, so I bought triple rate pro-series with rezzies and I'm very happy with them. For trail riding, the dual rate steelers are more than adequate. ;)

JDiablo
01-11-2004, 11:00 AM
what would you say with rezzies or without,it really doesnt matter to me though,i will end up spending all my money any on my quad:blah:

01-11-2004, 02:51 PM
if you dont race or ride for like whole days at a time then you dont need rezzies....I ride for a while but rest so I dont need rezzies...i love my works triple rate steelers w/o rezzies..I just sent them to santo derisi to get the pro millenium valve kit but im not sure if they need it b/c they are fatrely brand new..im also getting my rear stock shock rebuilt..I can't wait to get them back :D

twisted threads
01-13-2004, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by Jumbo747
if you dont race or ride for like whole days at a time then you dont need rezzies....I ride for a while but rest so I dont need rezzies...i love my works triple rate steelers w/o rezzies..I just sent them to santo derisi to get the pro millenium valve kit but im not sure if they need it b/c they are fatrely brand new..im also getting my rear stock shock rebuilt..I can't wait to get them back :D

I was just going to ask if I need to get the works triple rate with rezzies or not. Why are you getting the millenium valve kit??? Are you shocks not working right? I do mostly trail riding on my EX and a little dune riding but I don't do any big jumps on it so I dont need any super good shocks just want something better then stock.

lil400exman
01-13-2004, 07:02 PM
Originally posted by twisted threads
I was just going to ask if I need to get the works triple rate with rezzies or not. Why are you getting the millenium valve kit??? Are you shocks not working right? I do mostly trail riding on my EX and a little dune riding but I don't do any big jumps on it so I dont need any super good shocks just want something better then stock.
naw it just give your shocks a little better action through the whole range of the shock..........its worht it for the price imo!

01-14-2004, 05:24 AM
well i was getting the rear shock rebuilt & figured what the hell? why dont I get the fronts rebuilt too cause my rents are paying for it :devil: .....anyways, anyone here ever use his pro millenium kit on any shocks? how good are they? I'm expecting mine back monday or tuesday. :D

markk
01-14-2004, 08:42 AM
i think triple rate with rezzies

rezzies keep your fluid from getting to hot and breakin down, kinda like a oil cooler does for your motor, and they are a little easier to adjust i beleive

lil400exman
01-14-2004, 10:21 AM
well the rezzies keep the oil in better shape longer cause there is more in there. its the same idea with your engine the more oil in there without hurting it is good right?;)

pairanutz
01-14-2004, 10:56 AM
i have santos valving in my works triple rate w/resy and stock rear with his valving and spring -its a totaly new set of shocks -highly recomend this mod from him- i a have had them about a month or two -they are smooth thru there whole travel and takes bumps- jumps-and woops much better

Max400
01-14-2004, 11:51 AM
I do mostly trail riding on my EX and a little dune riding but I don't do any big jumps on it so I dont need any super good shocks just want something better then stock.

I have triple rates w/o rezzies.all I do is trails and woods riding and I can tell you they are WAY BETTER than stock!!

When I first put them on I really couldn't feel any differance, but as I rode it came to me.........what you don't feel is the differance is that you don't feel the bumps! you can really ride faster, I was riding with a friend that has stock shocks and when we took a break he said he had trouble keeping up in some rough stuff...I really couldn't feel the rough stuff. Long and short is just about any after market shock is going to perform better than stock:D

if you have two quads sitting side by side, one with stock and one without, just push down on the front end of each you'll see a huge differance!!

Oh Yeah get them from the Quadshop, they will set you up!

toby400ex
01-14-2004, 02:01 PM
I have triple rates with remote rezzies. They kick ***. I hated stock shocks, every race they would fade and pretty much be worthless for 1 hour of a 1.5 hour race. These works dont seem to fade and look pretty good to after they were powder coated some of my favorite colors.