PDA

View Full Version : Best Sprocket and Chain Combo

Yellow2001400ex
01-11-2004, 08:44 AM
I'm in need of new sprockets and chain on my 01' 400ex and was wanting your opinions on which setup would be the best. I've started MX and need a setup that would be best for it. I'm also goin to go to a 14t front sprocket and keep the back 36t. I'm on a really tight budget at the moment:( I really would like to get the Sidewinder setup but too much dough for it. I'm looking for something less than $200. Thanks for the help.

01-11-2004, 08:47 AM
Originally posted by Yellow2001400ex
I'm in need of new sprockets and chain on my 01' 400ex and was wanting your opinions on which setup would be the best. I've started MX and need a setup that would be best for it. I'm also goin to go to a 14t front sprocket and keep the back 36t. I'm on a really tight budget at the moment:( I really would like to get the Sidewinder setup but too much dough for it. I'm looking for something less than $200. Thanks for the help.

Well sidewinder would be the best, but since your on a budget i would look into either sunstar/renthal sprockets and a regina chain. This will be your best bet for the money. Do not buy aluminum sprockets though, they will break very easily.

01-11-2004, 02:44 PM
renthal sprockets & renthal chain...sidewinder is a waste of money, their products aren't even that great :rolleyes:

01-12-2004, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by Jumbo747
renthal sprockets & renthal chain...sidewinder is a waste of money, their products aren't even that great :rolleyes:

wtf are u talking about, sidewinder makes the best chains and sprockets on the market by far better then anyone else. If you say they arent that great u obviously have never used 1 to actually see how long they last

JD400exrider
01-12-2004, 06:58 PM
Originally posted by Jumbo747

Now there is an educated reply to someones question. :rolleyes:

What is up with that :confused:

shamisc
01-12-2004, 07:09 PM
He obviously has never owned any Sidewinder products. They don't wear out PERIOD! If you have any motor work at all, a Renthal steel sprocket will start to show wear in about a month ! In other words, you have to pay to play, and why not spend $250-$300 once rather than $150 3 times a year! JMO!