PDA

View Full Version : how is the MSR clutch and perch setup

JDiablo
01-10-2004, 04:53 PM
i ordered one a couple of days ago and im just wondering if anybody has any expierence with them and if they like it or not

Atreyu
01-10-2004, 04:55 PM
http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=86683

Check that thread...there are a lot of complaints about it, lol. Good luck with it.

JDiablo
01-10-2004, 05:04 PM
who cares then i will just have to get a diffrent one then,i might look like ill be adding my thing to dat post to

Juggalo
01-10-2004, 05:40 PM
i've had mine for over a year now and have nothing but good things to say about it. works perfectly. i dunno what these people are talkin about that have problems.

JDiablo
01-10-2004, 06:42 PM
is it ezier to pull in the clutch then the stocker?

Bob-Hobo
01-10-2004, 08:49 PM
I bought mine last summer and used it until the lever broke for no apparent reason. The part of the lever that holds the cable just broke, pieces fell out and the lever went limp. Theyre great until that happens. Much much easier pull than stock. The people that break and fray the cables arent adjusting the lever right. I just bought a new lever and cant beleive how good the pull feels.

JDiablo
01-10-2004, 09:03 PM
dat sounds good,u got the shorty kind?that is the one i ordered,can you do it with two fingers that is y i got the shorty i like to use the clutch with only two fingers,but i had to sometimes use 4 because it was so hard to pull in.

Juggalo
01-10-2004, 09:46 PM
i got the shorty and it rules!

Martin Blair
01-10-2004, 11:19 PM
i got a parts unlimited on for 16 bucks at little sahara with my p-brake block off, its worked great smmth pull and if it breaks im gettign a asv lever garentied for 5 years, then llok sweet.

Sportrax10
01-10-2004, 11:47 PM
I got mine and it looked great and pulled great and I was very happy with it...

Then I broke my first clutch cable and just thought that the cable was old..( BTW, I have already read things about them breaking clutch cables)... Anyway I bought a new cable and put it on (right).. Not too long after I broke that one too... I was gonna take it off but I didnt, (I thought that if I cheaked it once in a while and made sure nothing would happen then it would be fine. Well anyway I had a small roll and it broke... I didnt really care I was gonna put my stocker on anyway... IMO POS

JDiablo
01-11-2004, 10:44 AM
sounds like wen you are braking the cable it isnt set in the right posotion ,how do you break it,it binds(sp)up against something?

Sportrax10
01-11-2004, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by 300exrida
sounds like wen you are braking the cable it isnt set in the right posotion ,how do you break it,it binds(sp)up against something?
I researched on this site about the right position... I cheaked it CONSTANTLY. But they still broke...

JDiablo
01-11-2004, 05:39 PM
o dat sux then,o well dat will be an excuse for me to tell my dad that it broke and i need to order only one thing,but ill just order more,lol...u no wat they say from every bad thing comes a good thing:devil: