PDA

View Full Version : ASR American Star Racing Long Travel

Knips178
01-10-2004, 04:07 PM
I just bought some ASR LT +3 +1 A-arms (part# ASR-107psp) and when I tried to mount them I noticed my LT shock didn't fit right. Anyone have these shocks and know if they are really long travel or standard shock size?

seven
01-10-2004, 05:21 PM
My burgard +3 LT had some issiues with the TCS I put on. The shock was about 1/4 longer then the A arms would allow for. So I put some pressure on the shock and got them on anyway:D

Juggalo
01-10-2004, 05:32 PM
first american star arms are peices of crap. but to answer your question, they may take a different length shock than your LT shocks are. depending on the arm company they design LT shocks to work with 18-20 inch long shocks. but knowing american star who has a well documented history of ripping people off and lying, they probably sent you standard travel a-arms.

Silverfox@C&DRacing
01-10-2004, 06:19 PM
I have never used their arms but I don't believe that the new style of arms are a bad design.

It does look like the part # you gave they sent you the std travel arms. the part # you should of got is (asr-107LT)

Dave400ex
01-10-2004, 06:57 PM
They might be good a-arms, but sending them back and getting a different brand might be best, in case you have problems down the road. If not just tell them the arms you got are not right.

Juggalo
01-10-2004, 09:35 PM
find out how long your shocks are then call them and find out what length shocks they require and then if its not right send em back.

Knips178
01-11-2004, 10:37 AM
I have a guy looking in to it. He's an ASR rep that is trying to find out if they shipped me the wrong a-arms or what. The shocks are Elka quad rate remote rez long travel 19", and the shock on those a-arms doesn't look anywhere neer right. So they better make it right with me!