PDA

View Full Version : d6 harescrambles

yamblaster200
01-10-2004, 02:35 PM
I've raced a couple of them at the dutchman. My first race was on an r that was falling apart and i finished mid pack. Then i raced a box stock blaster and finished mid pack bout 3 times. My problem is I'm a broke a%s and i can't usually afford to race them all. My question is i have basically a new 400ex and i'd like to race a few raced this upcoming year and i want to know about set up. My number one problem is being out of shape and not exersizing. That'll change this year and hopefully i can make more than 10 min b4 im just hanging on for the ride. lol But here is the order i want to mod the ex.
1. kill switch (must have)
2. steering stabilizer
then race...and do the rest during the next few seasons.
3. hand guards
4. sparks key
5. front works triple rate shocks
6. silencer
7. 10.5:1 piston
8. stage 2 cam
you guys know what it takes to win at these tracks. do you think the ex will compete in the c class with just a stabilizer and razr's on the rear for the first few races. I mainly plan on racing the dutchman so let me know. thanks

Kilabanshee
01-10-2004, 04:08 PM
Yo sup dude.. I race c-b class in district 6 and really all you need to win is riding skill. All the other stuff is a bonus to help you out you dont need alot of mods or a fast quad to win its all the rider.

ex kid
01-10-2004, 04:13 PM
if you raced the blaster class you raced me.

blue 02 blaster
red 01 250ex

ex kid
01-10-2004, 04:13 PM
if you raced the blaster class you raced me.

blue 02 blaster
red 01 250ex

Atreyu
01-10-2004, 04:36 PM
I might race a few d6 harescrembles this season. What tracks are included?

yamblaster200
01-10-2004, 04:38 PM
i raced the blaster class in apr of '00...i believe twice in '01 and once in '02. i know you don't need a motor to win a hare scramble...you can win on a stock motor very easy. I want to mod my quad so it don't beat me up so bad. If I could race the entire race as fast as i do in the beggining i think i'd have a good chance of winning. I've never ridden with a dampner b4...does it make a big difference? What about suspension? the stock ex suspension is the best i've ever ridden. how much better is the aftermarket stuff. Also...I'm not into doing big jumps....so would it be in my best interest to turn my pre-load all the way down? I did it on my blaster in the front and was bottoming it...but ex suspension is worlds better than blaster. would that lower my quad any..and would it help it to soak up the small stuff that gives you arm pump?

yamblaster200
01-10-2004, 04:40 PM
the flying dutchman, jack frost, foot of the mountain, possibly valley forge. i raced there one time but i heard they don't race quads there anymore...im not sure. i dont know if rausch creek has any d6 events or not.

Kilabanshee
01-10-2004, 08:41 PM
i was racing a 4 stroke c:blah: i was on a red 416ex:devil:

jlhughes750
01-13-2004, 12:15 PM
Y'all need to check out www.amadistrict6.com and www.mcracing.com

you'll find the complete D6 schedule... and if u get a subscription to the MRA for just 5 bucks u can get Harescramble and MX action reported right to your door every month...... MRA found some guy that reports on all the ATV Harescramble action every month....hahahaha

later, J