PDA

View Full Version : complaint

yamblaster200
01-10-2004, 02:13 PM
I just wanted to say this and i didnt know where else to say it at. Why is it that atv's have to be so quiet that you can barely here them, and if they are louder people cry about noise pollution, when they are operated mainly on race tracks and in the middle of no where and there is usually no one around to here them anyway. However, how many of us can say our atv is louder than our lawnmower. And they're operated right in people's neighborhoods...where everyone can here them. sometimes laws just don't make any sense.

LTandRaptorider
01-10-2004, 02:31 PM
Well... a piped ATV is much louder than a lawnmower. And quads aren't always ridden out in the middle of nowhere. Many times trails are near ever encroaching housing plans. So noise is becoming more of a concern, and we don't want to do anything to endanger our sport.

Tommy 17
01-10-2004, 02:40 PM
bc u get a few a-holes who ride up and down the streets all day and all night with 100+ db loud pipes on them... i know my lrd my dad could hear me 1/2 mile away no problem...

loud pipes just pi$$ everyone off

flyin#5
01-10-2004, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by yamblaster200
I just wanted to say this and i didnt know where else to say it at. Why is it that atv's have to be so quiet that you can barely here them, and if they are louder people cry about noise pollution, when they are operated mainly on race tracks and in the middle of no where and there is usually no one around to here them anyway. However, how many of us can say our atv is louder than our lawnmower. And they're operated right in people's neighborhoods...where everyone can here them. sometimes laws just don't make any sense.

this world is filled with idiots who have nothing better to do than complain about people.... what i dont get is that you can have loud as $h!t exhaust on your truck.... and go tearing around town.... no one seems to care. but with atv's they do:huh

chucked
01-10-2004, 05:02 PM
my reply....
old people see you and then "QUICK CALL 911, SOMEONE"S HAVING FUN!!!"

thats what i think happens anyway

TRX250R22
01-10-2004, 07:33 PM
:( I hear ya man. But im one to say that i have a really loud quad and drive through my streets. Yes old people call the cops on me but oh well im there and gone withing 10 seconds so they can shuve it. I rarely drive on the roads but the few times i do there are always cops there waiting. But i am mosly at tracks haha but im one to say that my quad is louder then a lawnmower. I think its strupid too becuase no one seems to care about harleys and stupid hog bikes......All that i know is its just the old people sucking the fun from us kids...I cant even mountain bike around here without cops coming buy and saying your not allowed here when its like where everyone is. Its just that no one wants out youth to have fun now a days.