PDA

View Full Version : FCR 39 Easy install?

the-ex-files
01-10-2004, 12:55 PM
Does this carb install easy? How exactly do I put in the new cable? Or should I take it to the dealer? It comes pre-jetted so that should save me a headache. Thanks.:)

adeptex
01-10-2004, 01:55 PM
It is easy to install. Just check the top of the carb to make sure it does not rub the tank. If it does, you need to shim the tank up. Pre-jetted is not often right on.
It should run, but fine tuning is almost always needed.

Hoodeye3
01-10-2004, 04:08 PM
Don't waste money and time with dealers , the carb is not much harder to install (if any) than a stocker. The only thing you will need to deal with is installing a new motion pro cable ($15.00-$20.00) or modifying your stock cable, personaly I would go with the motion pro Its a bit long but once you get her routed through and tied its not bad. Also I would suggest purchasing a fuel screw from C&D ($20.00) makes adjustments much, much easier.
Good luck you will enjoy it!

JD400exrider
01-10-2004, 11:09 PM
Originally posted by Hoodeye3
Don't waste money and time with dealers , the carb is not much harder to install (if any) than a stocker. The only thing you will need to deal with is installing a new motion pro cable ($15.00-$20.00) or modifying your stock cable, personaly I would go with the motion pro Its a bit long but once you get her routed through and tied its not bad. Also I would suggest purchasing a fuel screw from C&D ($20.00) makes adjustments much, much easier.
Good luck you will enjoy it!

What he said. Easy install.

turnandburn
01-11-2004, 10:46 AM
someone posted also that the yfz throttle cable works no problem.

shamisc
01-14-2004, 12:39 AM
Originally posted by the-ex-files
Does this carb install easy? How exactly do I put in the new cable? Or should I take it to the dealer? It comes pre-jetted so that should save me a headache. Thanks.:)

Just contact Colby at our site store C&D Racing and he will be happy to help you! He has everyone out there beat on the price of this carb ! Plus he jets it for your bike and if I remember correctly it comes with the cable. He also has a billet fuel mixture screw that makes life sooo much easier for like $20!!

moto93
01-14-2004, 09:04 AM
Originally posted by shamisc
He has everyone out there beat on the price of this carb !

They're cheap but NOT the cheapest.