PDA

View Full Version : Getting past a Ohio E-Check?

BigBlockBlaster
01-10-2004, 12:38 PM
Just wanted to see if anyone has any idea's, Well i dont need a E-check (emissions) until May, but i wanna have a plan. First off I have a 01 Gt, procharged, no cats w/hooker LT's and X, So i know its probably not gonna pass anyway, but i know if it doesnt pass, If i show exhaust work receipts, they will pass you anyway(well at least they used to),that would be no problem , cause i have reciepts and my dad's a mechanic and prob. could get me any reciepts i needed, he also ran it by me to look into collectors tags, which you can only drive the car 5000 miles a year(anyone know if they are strict on this?) , see before they even check the car they look under the car for cats which i have none so they wont even test it, just wanted to see if anyone has got threw this, or any ideas on any of the subjects......I had friends that worked there, which they still did, lol
thanx alot for any info
cya
Ryan

gibson400ex
01-10-2004, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by BigBlockBlaster
Just wanted to see if anyone has any idea's, Well i dont need a E-check (emissions) until May, but i wanna have a plan. First off I have a 01 Gt, procharged, no cats w/hooker LT's and X, So i know its probably not gonna pass anyway, but i know if it doesnt pass, If i show exhaust work receipts, they will pass you anyway(well at least they used to),that would be no problem , cause i have reciepts and my dad's a mechanic and prob. could get me any reciepts i needed, he also ran it by me to look into collectors tags, which you can only drive the car 5000 miles a year(anyone know if they are strict on this?) , see before they even check the car they look under the car for cats which i have none so they wont even test it, just wanted to see if anyone has got threw this, or any ideas on any of the subjects......I had friends that worked there, which they still did, lol
thanx alot for any info
cya
Ryan

:huh :huh

BigBlockBlaster
01-10-2004, 12:40 PM
Disreguard this post, was totally on the wrong board, stupid comp jumped offline on me
thanx
Ryan

300exthumperluv
01-10-2004, 12:46 PM
Well, since it here, and I have a 11 second GMC Typhoon, I have advice:

1.Get it (the cat) HOT before its at the smog sniffer
2.Turn your base FP down to the point the car almsot stumbles at idle (if you have AFPR)
3. Fresh tune up and gas
4. Stay in the car and nitpick when they drive it on the dyno (worked for me)

BigBlockBlaster
01-10-2004, 01:02 PM
Hey, didnt think i would get any help here, lol, yeah, im also gonna look for the younger guys and bullcrap with them while they are trying to work, maybe they will forget to look lol, thanxs for the advice, yeah i was already thinking of leaning it up alot with the fuel, i control my ecu with a laptop, can adjust a/f/ etc.. thanx for the advice
cya
Ryan

300exthumperluv
01-10-2004, 02:02 PM
Speedpro, FAST, or DFI?

KILLER EX
01-10-2004, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by 300exthumperluv
Well, since it here, and I have a 11 second GMC Typhoon, I have advice:

1.Get it (the cat) HOT before its at the smog sniffer
2.Turn your base FP down to the point the car almsot stumbles at idle (if you have AFPR)
3. Fresh tune up and gas
4. Stay in the car and nitpick when they drive it on the dyno (worked for me) do the emission dyno's let awd vehicles on?

300exthumperluv
01-11-2004, 01:05 AM
In some states, there are awd dyno's, but most will do a smog sniffer test because of the year (91-93). Mine has no cat, no EGR, but I registered my truck to my dad's house, where the county doesn't do emissions. The truck resides 10 minutes from the Sears tower though :cool: Anyway, I am part of a forum for syclones and typhoon,s and some states make you Dyno it, but its a simple 8 bolts to get the front propshaft out if that state is mandatory.

Thats awsome you know they are awd.....what kind of engine does it have? :) (most will say a GN motor)