PDA

View Full Version : rims are scratched to easy

02-20-2002, 08:29 PM
I justgot my 400 used. I rode it yesterday for 5 hours though some real tuff section(sections big utility quad had truble with). When I got back i notice a whole bunch of new scratch and indents in the rear rims. How can i prevent this. I was thinkin get some wider tires(and taller) like realter 22-12-9. Do fell this would help. Any suggestions

tprender
02-20-2002, 10:11 PM
If you don't want to mess up you rims then don't ride in all of the rocks. You said that it was a place that 4 wheel drives have trouble with. Realter tires are only 2 ply and will cut very easy in the rocks. Not putting scratches on you rims is not easy unless you leave it parked in the garage. The next thing that you will talk about is how the plastic has scratches on it. This is all facts of life from riding hard.

02-21-2002, 02:50 PM
I think some tires, like ITP XC tires, have a recessed edge to allow your rims to "set it" a little allowing the side walls to take the beating rather than the outside edges of your rims. Hope this helps, good luck.

02-22-2002, 04:34 PM
wat about a set of spider trac 22''s

02-22-2002, 06:43 PM
if u are talkin about the inside, near the hub, get some mudcaps, see if they do anything, if u r talkin bout the outside, u is gunna hav to deal wit it.