PDA

View Full Version : whos getting a 450r

450rboy
01-09-2004, 09:57 PM
if you are getting a 450r. what are you going to do with it when you first get it or what are you gonna do when you get it.

Matt756
01-09-2004, 10:00 PM
not gettin one gettin a 300 next summer prbably

crucial si
01-09-2004, 10:55 PM
take pictures of it getting put on the trailer, on the trailer, getting taken off the trailer, take off all the warning stickers, and go ride.

2004TRX450R
01-10-2004, 01:04 AM
well I will be getting one as soon as it gets released IF it ever gets released. I plan on getting a set of AC nerfs and front bumper and a factory effex graphics kit along with a full set of sand tires. I'm going to ride the piss out of it after I get it broke in then I am going to pull the entire thing apart and have the frame powdercoated red and I am going to tear the engine down and install the HRC kit and have the head ported. If JE gets a hi comp. piston out for it by that time I'll put one of those in too! Man this waiting is killig me!

Karizz
01-10-2004, 05:18 AM
1st thing...off comes the factory handlebars,I already have a new set of Renthals for it.

2nd thing.. the parking brake assy comes off,I already have a New NAC's anodized red block off for it.

3rd thing...the queer Honda parking brake clutch lever assy comes off, I already have the new CR perch,lever,Quick clutch cable adjuster,this is a pretty trick part.The YFZ already has it from the factory

4th thing.....Factory wheels and tires are coming off and New HiPers with ITP HOLESHOT XCR's these should be in my hands by next week.

5th thing...Off comes the front bar,and on goes the DUNCAN

6th thing.....PRM Skids as soon as they are available, I called PRM yesterday...they said they are too waiting to get there 450R to make there parts off of.

7th thing......Well this one depends on Honda....if the HRC Kit is available it goes on the bike....if not...Then Im going to rip off the airbox lid, pull out the exhaust baffle and jet the bike.(Im only doing this after I get a few hours on the bike,All the other stuff is going on as soon as the baby is in my garage.You see...I have had quite some time to order and figure out what parts I wanted for it cause Ive been waiting so long for my babys arrival :)

C41Xracer
01-10-2004, 06:23 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Karizz
[B]1st thing...off comes the factory handlebars,I already have a new set of Renthals for it.

2nd thing.. the parking brake assy comes off,I already have a New NAC's anodized red block off for it.

3rd thing...the queer Honda parking brake clutch lever assy comes off, I already have the new CR perch,lever,Quick clutch cable adjuster,this is a pretty trick part.The YFZ already has it from the factory

4th thing.....Factory wheels and tires are coming off and New HiPers with ITP HOLESHOT XCR's these should be in my hands by next week.

5th thing...Off comes the front bar,and on goes the DUNCAN

6th thing.....PRM Skids as soon as they are available, I called PRM yesterday...they said they are too waiting to get there 450R to make there parts off of.

I'm doing all of this plus ATV Four play long travel front end, TCS front and rear shocks, a Lonestar +4 axle, K&N air filter, TLC racing exhaust and jetting, razr back gripper seat. My bike is a pure MX machine like my 265R.

chad502ex
01-10-2004, 08:16 AM
Bore and stroke to 567cc. I've already designed 550r stickers for it that is sitting on my dresser waiting for the new plastic. I've already designed a 567cc kit for my 450R that I plan on selling on my website. the kit will include 101mm custom piston with Nikasil jug, rings, gasket, and stroked crank. My beast will also have port/flow work by a NASCAR machinist, 41mm FCR w/ TPS, Curtis sparks full exhuast, oversized valves, cam. In addition, 22" mud machine rear tires for PA climbs and XC on Douglas Billet center rims, front Maxxis RazrII on douglas billet, rental bars, steering damper, titanium chain and change front 14 tooth sprocket to 15 tooth. I'll have dyno results real soon showing stock hp/torque curves, stock with HRC kit, then curves showing my 550R (really 567cc)!! Can't freeg'n wait. 3 weeks today.

chad502ex.com (soon to be 550r.com)

:macho :macho :macho :macho :blah: :D :macho :macho

Honda
01-10-2004, 11:24 AM
What am I doing with my new R?

I am going after Bill Ballance! ;)

RobRacing
01-10-2004, 01:23 PM
I am just going to ride mine for a while. Then put some itp black beadlocks on the back with kenda klaw mxr's. The front rims will be douglas red label with kenda klam mxf's. Then I am going to add the HRC kit and a fatboy 4 exhuast. I am going to put some AC nerf bars on it along with an AC bumper and grabbar. The suspension work will be done later. If I can boot the bill I want to put loboII suspension on the front and back. Along with an RPM dominater axle. I also am putting on Tag T2 handlebars and getting a Works Connection super perch/hot start lever combo. That will be good enough for me for a while. Or until I got more $$.

4fiddyR
01-10-2004, 08:49 PM
I'm gonna put my ***** on the seat and ride it!:blah:

Baley69
01-10-2004, 09:27 PM
Break it in, slap on some 8 paddle haulers, head strait for Sand Lake.

2004TRX450R
01-11-2004, 02:43 AM
Originally posted by Baley69
Break it in, slap on some 8 paddle haulers, head strait for Sand Lake.

Sounds good right up to the point where you said Sand Lake! I'd head a little farther south if I were you. Florence is SO much better. I live in Seattle and would rather drive the extra time to Florence than go to Sand Lake. I'm there for a few hours and get bored:confused: Just to small and to many idiots there. Anyway have fun!

Baley69
01-11-2004, 03:28 AM
I agree but for a day trip Sand Lake is closest. The 460 in my Ford gets roughly 8 mpg (bout $120 round trip) so I need to stay the weekend there. I personally prefer Spinreel, although I do need to try Winchester bay out...

I wanna see how the 450 does in the sand sooo bad.

stryker
01-11-2004, 03:40 AM
Originally posted by Baley69
I agree but for a day trip Sand Lake is closest. The 460 in my Ford gets roughly 8 mpg (bout $120 round trip) so I need to stay the weekend there. I personally prefer Spinreel, although I do need to try Winchester bay out...

I wanna see how the 450 does in the sand sooo bad.

I like riding/camping out at Houser myself, not to many idiots there. But spinreel is cool and even better if you have a camper or large trailer!!:)

450rboy
01-11-2004, 08:53 AM
Originally posted by 2004TRX450R
well I will be getting one as soon as it gets released IF it ever gets released. I plan on getting a set of AC nerfs and front bumper and a factory effex graphics kit along with a full set of sand tires. I'm going to ride the piss out of it after I get it broke in then I am going to pull the entire thing apart and have the frame powdercoated red and I am going to tear the engine down and install the HRC kit and have the head ported. If JE gets a hi comp. piston out for it by that time I'll put one of those in too! Man this waiting is killig me!

wow man. thats awsome

450rboy
01-11-2004, 09:04 AM
Originally posted by Honda
What am I doing with my new R?

I am going after Bill Ballance! ;)

Bill ain't the challenge. William Yokley is the challenage for me. if i bet any pro rider. my life has just begun then

ROGERS
01-11-2004, 09:32 AM
I am getting one and the first thing I will do is get it home, take off the front fenders and put MX tires on. Then it is off to the dyno to finally put an end to the mindless debate about how much power it makes as compared to the YFZ. The I think the sand will be calling my name.:devil:

Got nads?
01-11-2004, 10:22 AM
I was at the dealer yesterday, when they got a fax saying they are getting 10units in early next month. The third one in is mine, as I've had a deposit on it since last august. First thing I'm doing is putting either an HMF or FatBoy or Curtis Sparks pipe on it.(Still haven't decided which one)Then I'm going to do longer a-arms, and save the rest for later.

crucial si
01-11-2004, 11:03 AM
i dont think i am going to mod the R that much. i just want to enjoy riding it.

if i do anything to the R, it would only be a k&n filter, sproket changes. if i have money later, i am going to change the carb for the crf450r.

01-11-2004, 01:03 PM
I am first one the list at the dealer were I am getting mine. I already have AC nerfs, PRM Desert bumper, AC full chassis skid plate, AC wide grab bar, HMF full exhaust, Woody Graphics, and custom # plates.

Speaking of William Yokley I raced with him this weekend on Saturday. He comes to Florida in the winter to practice and he races a few of the Florida Trail Riders Hare Scramble series races. I broken my chain on the second lap so I got to watch him race. He is amazingly fast and very fun to watch. He is also a great guy to talk with, so is his dad.

Got nads?
01-11-2004, 06:41 PM
Originally posted by TRX450R_Racer
I am first one the list at the dealer were I am getting mine. I already have AC nerfs, PRM Desert bumper, AC full chassis skid plate, AC wide grab bar, HMF full exhaust, Woody Graphics, and custom # plates.

Speaking of William Yokley I raced with him this weekend on Saturday. He comes to Florida in the winter to practice and he races a few of the Florida Trail Riders Hare Scramble series races. I broken my chain on the second lap so I got to watch him race. He is amazingly fast and very fun to watch. He is also a great guy to talk with, so is his dad.

How much was the HMF exhaust?:confused:

01-12-2004, 04:56 AM
$450.00 + $20.00 for a colored can + $17.00 shipping.