PDA

View Full Version : How Do You Rate LRD Exhaust Systems??

NeonImpact
01-09-2004, 09:07 PM
Overall, from sound to performance, how would you rate the LRD full pipe system?

please vote and leave some comments if you dont mind..

just curious, because i've narrowed this down to one of my top choices..

thanks!

Evan400ex
01-09-2004, 09:16 PM
I love my LRD exhaust system. It gave me huge power gains throughout the mid and top end. Its not the loudest pipe but its not the quietest, it has a good rumble sound to it. If I ever have to purchase another exhaust it will be LRD!:blah:

meangreen400ex
01-09-2004, 09:39 PM
I like the LRD its a sweet pipe but I think the duncan is a close tie with it if not better. Get either of those and you'll be happy

Matt756
01-09-2004, 09:51 PM
no one around hear has one

Derrick D
01-09-2004, 09:58 PM
Duncan is very good, but it is alot louder then the LRD.

Martin Blair
01-09-2004, 10:40 PM
i love my lrd lots of good power and they make great products, its a tie between lrd and sparks

norcalatver
01-10-2004, 07:16 AM
I've had two Lrd pipes on my 400. The Lrd gave good improvements, the problem I had with both is they rotted out! Both broke from rusting inside out at the silencer portion. Lrd's warranty didn't cover either pipe because they were over a year old. Both of these pipes were the older chrome design they made. Maybe they've changed since then. I just won't use them again.

Evan400ex
01-10-2004, 07:21 AM
Did you let it sit in water or what?? How did your pipe rust from the inside out???:confused:

Pappy
01-10-2004, 07:33 AM
the LRD full system is a very nice set up. they have improved the fit and finish and problems that once were have disappeared. i owned the older style chrome finish and it also rusted a bit...but not bad. the biggest complaint i have had personally and also seen posted was the fact that some of the headpipes would be in contact with the frame and the clutch actuating arm & cable. the earlier pipe i had didnt fit fer chit. the second one i had fit better and since i havent owned thier latest pipe i cant comment.

due to the fit and finish issues i had, i switched my 400's to HMF and havent had issues.

RiPPiNiTuP7
01-10-2004, 08:09 AM
i loved my lrd system for my 400ex. i had the newer style ceramic version and it went on well, and performed great. the only complaint i had is how you have to run a special +2" clutch cable in order to have it routed correctly and clear the headers.

i now have a sparks system on my yfz and i don't have a single thing to complain about.

both offer great systems, but if i had to buy one right now for my 400ex i would have to say i would get the sparks because i know its just as good, if not better, and the cable issue with the lrd kind of stinks. needing a special cable could be a problem out at the track on a weekend.

Tommy 17
01-10-2004, 09:52 AM
i loved mine... gave me awesome power gains....

only problem was it was just to loud... it was to loud to ride around town with:(