PDA

View Full Version : Burgard Cycle Gusset Kits & Pappy's Powdercoating

Admin
01-09-2004, 07:41 PM
I picked up my Two frames for my National Quad and my MX Quad. All I can say is WOW!!!! :D Burgard Cycle did an excellent job of welding & gusseting my frames for me. Also, Pappy added his Bling Bling.

Burgard Cycle is now producing Gusset Kits for Quads for $60.00 Kit, or he can do the complete Gusset Kit, Sand Blasting, Installation, and Powder Coating for you.

Admin
01-09-2004, 07:41 PM
Gussets front

Admin
01-09-2004, 07:42 PM
Back Gussets

gibson400ex
01-09-2004, 07:43 PM
:eek2: :eek2: :eek2: :eek2:

SICK!!!!!

you ride a z400 for your national bike?and mx? so you have one for gncc and one for mx?

Tommy 17
01-09-2004, 08:49 PM
heres my frame done from pappy... 1 year of riding and not one scratch in the pc... this stuff holds up awesome!!!!

intruder_atx
01-09-2004, 08:52 PM
man u guys are lucky to have the chance to race i wanna really bad but there is no where to race around where i live

roostin_dale
01-09-2004, 10:09 PM
sweet...I made my own gussets while a local welder helped me out and kind of tought me how. It was cool. Pappy will be sending it back Pc'd on Monday! i cant wait...

SGA
01-09-2004, 11:44 PM
Originally posted by intruder_atx
man u guys are lucky to have the chance to race i wanna really bad but there is no where to race around where i live
Where do you live?

QuadRacer041
01-10-2004, 05:04 AM
harlen are those your susuki frames from last year???
and...mx bike, whats the deal with that, lol
you only gonna have one xc bike this year?

Admin
01-10-2004, 07:09 AM
One is my Practice Quad fram from last year and the other is a frame I acquired from Popo. I am going to sell the one Z400 and buy two 450R quads for the site to do product reviews and race xc if the bank will allow it :D. I am keeping one Z400 for MX and I going to display the 400EX at the races.

Pappy
01-10-2004, 08:05 AM
burgard has been doing gussets like a mad man lately so im glad to see he finally is offering the service and or the gusset kit. i was looking at a new yfz frame he gusseted the other night and was happy to see aerotube gussets in the rear frame upper tube assembly. i didnt take pics but it was damn nice looking.

harlen will have 3 different manufactures quads in his trailer this season. he has proven he can race and be competitive on anything so i geuss he will be ok. im glad he is gonna do some mx but its against my advice. im certain he will be in the hunt for the stock class championship and would hate to lose it due to an injury playing mx. (sorry but yall know i say whats on my mind)

in any event im behind him in whatever he races.

lou, i think he can give ya run on big air:p maybe you and him should hook up at rausch. an hour on the mx then 2 in the tree's.

Out_Sider
01-10-2004, 08:58 AM
Originally posted by EXriders Admin
One is my Practice Quad fram from last year and the other is a frame I acquired from Popo. I am going to sell the one Z400 and buy two 450R quads for the site to do product reviews and race xc if the bank will allow it :D. I am keeping one Z400 for MX and I going to display the 400EX at the races.

So you will be buying 2 450r's for the site? wicked :D

QuadRacer041
01-10-2004, 09:59 AM
Originally posted by Pappy
burgard has been doing gussets like a mad man lately so im glad to see he finally is offering the service and or the gusset kit. i was looking at a new yfz frame he gusseted the other night and was happy to see aerotube gussets in the rear frame upper tube assembly. i didnt take pics but it was damn nice looking.

harlen will have 3 different manufactures quads in his trailer this season. he has proven he can race and be competitive on anything so i geuss he will be ok. im glad he is gonna do some mx but its against my advice. im certain he will be in the hunt for the stock class championship and would hate to lose it due to an injury playing mx. (sorry but yall know i say whats on my mind)

in any event im behind him in whatever he races.

lou, i think he can give ya run on big air:p maybe you and him should hook up at rausch. an hour on the mx then 2 in the tree's.

sound like a plan to me, i should have my xc bike ready in about a week, my new AXIS:p shocks shipped out yesterday so i should be good to go for next week end, when you guys are ready let me know we can go practice at rausch of u guys want.

SGA
01-10-2004, 10:29 AM
Nice looking work Kenny!
Yes harlen is a good rider. I was impressed with how well he did at the ATV Olympics for not being on a quad in 3 months. With some practice and seat time, he can hang with almost anyone.

brian-250
01-10-2004, 10:55 AM
whats shipping run?on A-arms,frame?

roostin_dale
01-10-2004, 11:02 AM
It cost me $31.92 to ship my frame and swingarm from Illinois to Maryland....

brian-250
01-10-2004, 11:29 AM
so i should have about $100 in it for its all done:rolleyes: not bad!

exrider123
01-10-2004, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by EXriders Admin
I picked up my Two frames for my National Quad and my MX Quad. All I can say is WOW!!!! :D Burgard Cycle did an excellent job of welding & gusseting my frames for me. Also, Pappy added his Bling Bling.

Burgard Cycle is now producing Gusset Kits for Quads for $60.00 Kit, or he can do the complete Gusset Kit, Sand Blasting, Installation, and Powder Coating for you.

Harlen what color is that red?

I've decided to get my frame done but I have no idea what color I should go so I think i'm going to go for sometype of red that should look sick with my blue plastics and nacs graphics.

spincr4hire
01-10-2004, 03:19 PM
My frame is with Burgard/Pappy right now

Lsr370r
08-21-2005, 02:49 PM
Hey how can i get ahold of pappy i have been trying burgard and they dont pick up

WKY400EX
08-21-2005, 07:44 PM
Wow. This thread is 1.5 years old. If you want to reach Pappy, try sending him a PM.

http://www.exriders.com/vbb/private.php?s=&action=newmessage&userid=3393

Lsr370r
08-21-2005, 08:16 PM
Thanks i am pretty new to this forum stuff

WKY400EX
08-21-2005, 10:32 PM
No problem. Welcome to the forum Lsr370r.

QuadJunkies
08-22-2005, 11:11 AM
I need a Gusset kit for my EX, Ill be tearing it down any day now, Is it hard to put the gussett kit on ourself?

Pappy
08-22-2005, 11:12 AM
i am pretty sure burgard has laser cut kits in stock now.

Lsr370r
08-22-2005, 07:54 PM
I no Burgard does in house powder but does anyone no if they do there own sandblasting too.

thanks

Oh and just in case anyone wants to know i talked to Burgard today and he says that his chromer has all of there long travel +3 arms and all he can get me is +2 long travels in yfz blue. i told him if he could get them too me by the end of this week to go ahead and send them. so we will see what happens.

Pappy
08-22-2005, 08:19 PM
An outside local company does most of thier blasting.

And I verified that the chrome shop they had been using closed it's doors, a new company was found but it created a backlog on getting parts chromed.

just a peek at something new, Burgards new Race/Rec arm with newer style ball joints

TheFontMaster
08-22-2005, 09:11 PM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
I need a Gusset kit for my EX, Ill be tearing it down any day now, Is it hard to put the gussett kit on ourself?

If you are a competent welder it won't be hard at all. I made my own gussets for my 250r, and then welded them in after I had been welding only about 1 or 2 weeks, givin they aren't the best welds, but I was just learning.

QuadJunkies
08-22-2005, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by TheFontMaster
If you are a competent welder it won't be hard at all. I made my own gussets for my 250r, and then welded them in after I had been welding only about 1 or 2 weeks, givin they aren't the best welds, but I was just learning. Im not thewelder, Ill prol. have to take them to a Welder, I have no idea how to weld, we had a freind do ours on the Kasea. :( :ermm:

TheFontMaster
08-22-2005, 09:22 PM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
Im not thewelder, Ill prol. have to take them to a Welder, I have no idea how to weld, we had a freind do ours on the Kasea. :( :ermm:

What might save you money on a gusset kit too is if you make some templates and take them to your welder, he might have the tools to make the gussets himself.

Lsr370r
08-23-2005, 08:52 PM
So your saying that he doesnt have any +3 long travels at the shop powdercoated or not. i just find it hard to believe that a company that there main product is A Arms is not going to have a set like that. and if they didnt they could at least made a set in the 5 months i have been waiting. i asked him like 5 times are you sure you have +3 long travels and he tells me he is looking at them right now and all this other bull****. If he didnt have them i just wish he told me when i gave him my credit card number. I talked to him today again to get a tracking number from him and he gave me a fake number. so i still dont no when i am going to get my stuff. What do you all think i should do should i tell him to just give me my money back and probably wait another 5 months, or talked to my credit card company and the Better Bussiness Bureau and get this guy shut down for good, i just think its gone too far.

Pappy
08-23-2005, 09:05 PM
I was going to try and help you, I have recieved your information and I will verify tomarrow if your arms have been shipped. I will not help anyone that doesnt show me some patience, no matter what company is at fault.