PDA

View Full Version : NEW battery, need help with putting acid in.

Bob-Hobo
01-09-2004, 03:31 PM
I just got a new battery for the 400. I read the instructions and did what it said. The instructions are to push the cartridge thing of acid into the battery so that the seal on the cartridge is broken and the acid should drain into it within 20 minutes. The thing didnt start draining at all until i started smackin the top of the cartridge. The manual says to smack it a couple of times, then thats all it should need, but it never drained on its own without me tapping the cartridge. Now I have about 1/8-1/16 of acid left in all the bottles in the cartridge. WTF do i do, the manual nor battery box doesnt have a phone number to call the company. FYI, its a moto power battery, not sure if YUASA makes it or not.

Pappy
01-09-2004, 04:46 PM
the acid pack is designed expressly for that battery. put the pack back on top of the battery and smack it. it will drain. you probably didnt get it down on the pieces that punture the foil and it is preventing full dispersment.

after its all gone ....let the battery sit till morning then place the black strip cap on the battery and tap it in place with a hammer. charge the battery at 4 amps for about an hour.

Bob-Hobo
01-09-2004, 04:57 PM
I Got the acid in, I never took the acid pack off the battery. After about an hour and half of waiting, i decided to just squeese the bottles lightly, went right in. For some reason the battery charge said the battery was full after like 5 minutes on 4 amps, it fired up like it never had before being so cold outside and all. I guess ill put the charger on for a while just to be safe though.

Pappy
01-09-2004, 05:07 PM
by charging the battery properly it will extend its life....alot!!!

the automatic charge detected 12.45 volts or so and switched to charged...unfortunatley its not. to charge these batteries at activation they need a dedicated charger.

AtvMxRider
01-09-2004, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
by charging the battery properly it will extend its life....alot!!!

the automatic charge detected 12.45 volts or so and switched to charged...unfortunatley its not. to charge these batteries at activation they need a dedicated charger.

You act like you work for a battery place or something:rolleyes: .

wilkin250r
01-09-2004, 05:50 PM
Pappy actually KNOWS stuff about batteries, it really caught me off-guard the first time I found out. And here we were all thinking he was just "Pappy". Turns out, he's actually got a few brains cells :blah:

AtvMxRider
01-09-2004, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by wilkin250r
Pappy actually KNOWS stuff about batteries, it really caught me off-guard the first time I found out. And here we were all thinking he was just "Pappy". Turns out, he's actually got a few brains cells :blah:

I know I was being sarcastic :blah: .