PDA

View Full Version : went to the dealer today..

crucial si
01-09-2004, 03:02 PM
and i put down a deposit to hold the bike when it comes in. they were complaining about how they didnt want to do it yet and i told them i would really like to and they finally budged and they put a hold on the 450R, so im assuming they havent had any deposits on them yet, so i guess im the first? :macho

if i want the HRC kit, do they install it when the bike comes in?

RobRacing
01-09-2004, 04:50 PM
They will install it when the bike comes in. Expect to pay more for them to install it. I think that you should ride it without the HRC kit for a little bit and then get it installed. That way you will be able to know how much it really opens it up. Thats what I am going to do.

4fiddyR
01-09-2004, 06:39 PM
I'm going to ride mine for a while too before I put the HRC kit on. I wanna see the before and after results.

crucial si
01-09-2004, 10:54 PM
good point, never thought of it. thanks.

2004TRX450R
01-10-2004, 01:06 AM
Me three! If JE gets a hi comp. piston out I'm going to put one of those in at the same time and have the head ported. I'm going to do all this while the frame is out at the powder coaters!:D

XC250R
01-10-2004, 05:11 AM
After reading a little more about the HRC kit I think I will wait a few months and see what the aftermarket brings. Part of the HRC kit is an exhaust insert, which will obviously be discarded with a new pipe. And then, since this kit was designed to work together, where does that put your power?

RobRacing
01-10-2004, 01:12 PM
What do you mean by where does it put the power? I have heard it opens it up everywhere in the power band. Good point on waiting to see what the aftermarket brings. I just want honda to release the damn 450 so that I can ride agian!!