PDA

View Full Version : Fornt tires

02-20-2002, 07:27 PM
I live down a private road which is paved and am wearing down my tires at a much quicker pace than my wallet would prefer, by riding on the pavement. Now I know the obvious answer to my problem would be to just stay off the pavement, but due to circumstances beyond my control, I have to ride down asphalt to get to where I go ridin. My question is, I had a friend with a 250R and he put grooved spare tires from an old honda civic on his so he could drag his 4wheeler up and down my road. He's since moved to Florida, so I was just wonderin if anyone else had heard of using grooved spare's from a car.

REDNECK400EX1

Yellah 400EX with little to no modifications: CT Racing pipes, K&N, and some worn out front tires.

02-21-2002, 05:36 PM
No, I haven't heard of that personnaly.

Just a thought, why not do a wheelie down the driveway?:confused:

02-22-2002, 01:46 PM
Yeah, I'm pretty sure that the mile and a quarter wheelie would be some sort of record, but beleive me I've tried plenty of times.:devil

REDNECK400EX1

02-22-2002, 01:57 PM
Ohhhh, I'm sorry! I didn't know it was that long...... No wonder you are wearing down your tires. Something to check is your front end alignment. Check to see if you have too much toe in or too much toe out..... I know either one of those will greatly increase tire wear.

Yeah, I think a mile and a 1/4 might be a record..... sorry. (but at least you tried!:macho )