http://home.csumb.edu/m/mcdonalderik/world/lingenfelter_vs_dsm.mpeg

Doibugu2
01-09-2004, 02:24 PM
When he first stompped on it, my jaw just dropped. That thing is f'n fast!:eek:

MOFO
01-09-2004, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by Doibugu2
When he first stompped on it, my jaw just dropped. That thing is f'n fast!:eek:

I think the guy filming it got whiplash trying to follow the vette!

UglyMotha™
01-09-2004, 02:36 PM
babies putting down 725 horse, AT THE WHEELS

definantly a nice car to have

AtvMxRider
01-09-2004, 02:50 PM
"Holy chit man that thing is fast." WTF was he thinking of course it's fast.lol

Glow Plug
01-09-2004, 03:04 PM
I have seen that video before, ididn't bother to d/l it again because i'm on dail up. Well anyways what does one of those lingenfelter vette's run in the quater? And how much do they cost with car and turbo kit

MOFO
01-09-2004, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by Glow Plug
I have seen that video before, ididn't bother to d/l it again because i'm on dail up. Well anyways what does one of those lingenfelter vette's run in the quater? And how much do they cost with car and turbo kit

little more than just a turbo kit! I dont know the rest...

Glow Plug
01-09-2004, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by MOFO
little more than just a turbo kit! I dont know the rest...

ok then how much does the lingenfelter "kit" cost?

XANDADA
01-09-2004, 03:10 PM
And how much do they cost with car and turbo kit

A family friend sent his z01 to ling and had a twin turbo kit installed along with some other stuff and he said it ran him around $30,000 - he also said he could have had a lot more done to it but didn't

MOFO
01-09-2004, 03:11 PM
ok then how much does the lingenfelter "kit" cost?

ALOT. There is no one "kit" from Lingenfelter... from what I understand there are stages of different kits, plus you can pretty much customize exactly what you want to do to it. Its not cheap, but by far worth every penny. Best aftermarket builder for any GM vehicle...hands down!

MOFO
01-09-2004, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by XANDADA
A family friend sent his z01 to ling and had a twin turbo kit installed along with some other stuff and he said it ran him around $30,000 - he also said he could have had a lot more done to it but didn't

I really need to be introduced to your family friend you got there... take me for a spin!

XANDADA
01-09-2004, 03:13 PM
lol, I'm not up on my cars, wtf is a DSM?

MOFO
01-09-2004, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by XANDADA
lol, I'm not up on my cars, wtf is a DSM?

its those cookie cutter type cars .... this is the list.

Eagle Talon
Mitsubishi Eclipse
Plymouth Laser
Mitsubishi Galant VR-4

The one in the video, I'm going to assume its an AWD Turbo Eclipse...or Talon.

Glow Plug
01-09-2004, 03:19 PM
its those cookie cutter type cars .... this is the list.

Eagle Talon
Mitsubishi Eclipse
Plymouth Laser
Mitsubishi Galant VR-4

The one in the video, I'm going to assume its an AWD Turbo Eclipse...

The Galant shares the exact same drive train as the lazer, talon and eclipse excpet it has 4 doors. Talk about sleeper :devil:

Another thing I don't get is why people call dsms "ricers" When they can keep up with if not beat alot of the american cars (atleast the turbo ones anyways)

XANDADA
01-09-2004, 03:20 PM
I really need to be introduced to your family friend you got there... take me for a spin!

My boss has a crazy modified cobra svt that he had dynod at 680rwhp. He's never said straight out what he has into it $ wise but I'm guessing around $70,000 including the original cost of the vehicle. You would never even know it until he opens the hood or starts it. The only really stock thing left is the frame, body & interior. He is always having a ton of problems with it though - he's getting tired of it...

MOFO
01-09-2004, 03:21 PM
The Galant shares the exact same drive train as the lazer, talon and eclipse excpet it has 4 doors. Talk about sleeper :devil:

Another thing I don't get is why people call dsms "ricers" When they can keep up with if not beat alot of the american cars (atleast the turbo ones anyways)

when I say the term ricer, I am not refering to an import... ANY car can be riced out... anything that has a wing, fart can, stickers, fake NOS, chitty body kits....etc.

I see just as many DSM vehicles riced out as I do civics and any other import.

Glow Plug
01-09-2004, 03:25 PM
I found a rough price for lingenfelter kits

1997-2002 Corvette Twin Turbo LS1, LS6
427 CID 725 BHP / 650 lbs-ft of torque

Package includes:

Two true ball bearing turbochargers
Two high efficiency air to air chargecoolers
Custom molded Samco silicone air ducts
4 into 1 custom cast exhaust manifolds
Two cast turbo outlet adapters
Turbocharger scavenge pump
Turbo oil drain reservoir
Two K&N 360 degree conical air filters
Heat shields and stainless clamps
Professional installation, testing and tuning
Corsa stainless steel exhaust system
Turbocharger water feed and return hoses
Turbocharger oil feed and return hoses
Gaskets, spark plugs and fluids
Custom 7.0 L aluminum
CNC Porting and polishing of LS6 cylinder heads
Port matched LS6 intake manifold
Billet steel connecting rods
Forged 4340 crankshaft
Forged aluminum pistons
Custom hydraulic roller camshaft
High performance valve springs & lightweight retainers
Stainless steel one piece heavy duty intake valves
Inconel one piece heavy duty exhaust valves
Three angle valve job, checking of spring tensions & heights
Computer balanced rotating assembly
Reassembly and blueprinting of engine
Properly sized fuel injectors and high capacity fuel system
Corsa Performance stainless steel exhaust system
Professional installation, testing and PCM recalibration
LPE's 2 year / 24,000 mile warranty

1997-2002 LS1 & LS6 Corvette package prices
Manual transmission $49,995.00
Automatic transmission upgrade $1,850.00

1997-2002 Corvette Twin Turbo LS1, LS6
550 BHP / 550 lbs-ft of torque

Includes:

CNC ported cylinder heads
GT2 camshaft
Two true ball bearing turbochargers
Two high efficiency air to air chargecoolers
Custom molded Samco silicone air ducts
4 into 1 custom cast exhaust manifolds
Two cast turbo outlet adapters
Turbocharger scavenge pump
Turbo oil drain reservoir
Two K&N 360 degree conical air filters
Heat shields and stainless clamps
Professional installation, testing and tuning
Corsa stainless steel exhaust system
Turbocharger water feed and return hoses
Turbocharger oil feed and return hoses
Gaskets
Numbered dash plate
Chassis dyno report
2 year/24,000 mile warranty
1997-2002 Corvette package prices

Manual transmission package $ 19,995.00
Automatic transmission package $ 21,890.00

2001400ex
01-09-2004, 07:26 PM
no replacement for displacement.... :devil:

My favorite part

Dude in Ricer: "I think he's scared"
<Vette takes off>
Dude in Ricer: "Holy chit!!!"

http://home.csumb.edu/m/mcdonalderik/world/lingenfelter_vs_dsm.mpeg

It's a DSM Talon...quick Talon and that's not a Lingenfelter Vette, it's some other company that does what Lingenfelter does. I watched that video like a year ago and I was saying to myself "why did that guy buy that badass Vette if he won't race it!" then "WHOOOOOOMP!" I **** myself from being caught off guard and laughing so hard at the other two guys, probably one of the greatest videos ever...lmao

EDIT: and MOFO I would have respect for DSM if I were you...they are a really really good company man:D When I was going to get an Eclipse GSX I was looking at parts they have...sheesh...

Also let me know if you want some other Vette videos, I have alot of Vettes smoking NSX's street bikes, Camaros, Mustangs etc.

JTRtrx250r
01-09-2004, 08:53 PM
no replacement for displacement.... :devil:

My favorite part

Dude in Ricer: "I think he's scared"
<Vette takes off>
Dude in Ricer: "Holy chit!!!"

http://home.csumb.edu/m/mcdonalderik/world/lingenfelter_vs_dsm.mpeg :D :macho :macho :macho :macho :macho :devil:

ls1west
01-10-2004, 07:47 AM
If memeory serves me right, the corvette is not a Lingenfelter. A twin turbo Lingenfelter squeals so loud from the turbos spooling up that you can barely hear the actual motor. Lingenfelter's twin turbo 427 coupe runs the quarter in the 8's. Watch the video on the Lingenfelter's website. RIP JOHN

MOFO
01-10-2004, 08:18 AM
Originally posted by 2001400ex

EDIT: and MOFO I would have respect for DSM if I were you...they are a really really good company man:D When I was going to get an Eclipse GSX I was looking at parts they have...sheesh...

sure they are a good car, as well as many others out there... does not mean I have to like or respect them. :confused:

Thanks guys for pointing out that was not a Lingenfelter Vette... I just found the clip labeled as that and assumed it was. I dont have much experience with Lingenfelter "touched" cars...

FourFiftyFour
01-10-2004, 08:26 AM
i tried to d/l the video and it just kept sayin it was connecting for a real long time and didnt actually start downloading :confused:

2001400ex
01-10-2004, 08:49 AM
Yeah it's not a Lingenfelter, the Lingenfelter Vette sounds like a jet because of the turbos spooling so fast and they're so big. I wish I could remember who makes that Vette, I can't remember anymore though.:(

Juggalo
01-10-2004, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by ls1west
If memeory serves me right, the corvette is not a Lingenfelter. A twin turbo Lingenfelter squeals so loud from the turbos spooling up that you can barely hear the actual motor. Lingenfelter's twin turbo 427 coupe runs the quarter in the 8's. Watch the video on the Lingenfelter's website. RIP JOHN

:eek2: ..........i need to go change my boxers...

Got nads?
01-10-2004, 11:46 AM
A Lingenfleter vette will do 0-60mph in 1.9s and the quarter mile in 9secs, saw that on motor tend television.

Glow Plug
01-10-2004, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by Got nads?
A Lingenfleter vette will do 0-60mph in 1.9s and the quarter mile in 9secs, saw that on motor tend television.

was that 9 second quater done on street tires or slicks?

Just somethnig that I think that I should add. Anyone ever heard of John Shepherd? His talon that is "street legal" (runs on street tires in races) also is all steel besides the hood and has has doors that use hinges. Yeah and his car runs high 8's

heres time slip- http://www.shepracing.com/images/876.jpg

magizine article one his car (at that time he was running low 9's) http://www.turbomagazine.com/features/0203tur_darkstar

dyno of his car when they were running 10's http://www.shepracing.com/images/dynochart.jpg

and finally video of his high 8second pass- http://www.shepracing.com/videos/shep8944low.wmv

as you can see that dsm have alot of potenital and sometimes there is a replacement for displacemnt :devil:

Guy400
01-10-2004, 05:24 PM
Nothin' like good, old-fashioned American muscle :muscle:
DSM stands for Diamond Star Motors. It was a joint venture with Mitsubishi and Chrysler. Anyone who knows DSM's has probably heard of Marc Hallman (Hallman Boost Controllers). He lives very close to me and I bought a manual boost controller off him when I had my TSi and his car was wicked. That video shows the one thing I like about my TSi, the AWD. There were lots of races where I clearly had the slower car but you'd generally beat a lot of them in the shorter stoplight-to-stoplight races. After owning both, I'd take an American V-8 anyday of the week.

Martin Blair
01-10-2004, 11:31 PM
lmao thats is priceless shut those ricers up, lol ive seen that car on c&d tv it tops out a 223mph and 10 second quaters spining the tires, and its only a little over 100k not bad for a super corvette

Guy400
01-11-2004, 07:03 AM
I was able to track this car down. It's a Doug Rippie Corvette. It's got the DRM 450 top end kit and he's on the squeeze (35hp). With that combo there the car is putting out about 480hp. The car now has a S/C on it with other do-dad's.

This poor kid in the DSM was simply outclassed.