PDA

View Full Version : any doctors out there? please help!

HoNdAdude48
01-09-2004, 01:53 PM
i am feelin like grade A shiit today, i was just wondering what i have, ive never been sick like this before, like it started out as a sore throat and then progressed to where when i swallow it hurts the inside of my ears and the throat, havent been to the doctor and i really dont wanna go, ive taken nyquil, asperin, cough medicine, tylenol sore throat, NOTHING works, please help because this hurts like shiit!

LTandRaptorider
01-09-2004, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by HoNdAdude48
i am feelin like grade A shiit today, i was just wondering what i have, ive never been sick like this before, like it started out as a sore throat and then progressed to where when i swallow it hurts the inside of my ears and the throat, havent been to the doctor and i really dont wanna go, ive taken nyquil, asperin, cough medicine, tylenol sore throat, NOTHING works, please help because this hurts like shiit!

Let me preface my response by stating I'm not a doctor! :p

Could be a bad cold, beginnings of strep throat, or a variety of maladies. If it lasts more than 3 days, see a doctor, do not look for advice on here. Good luck and feel better! ;)

MOFO
01-09-2004, 02:03 PM
Go see a doctor... end of story.

Samson
01-09-2004, 02:04 PM

Dallas huh? Is your name Parcells and did the symtoms start after screeming at a quarterback in Carolina?

Seriously dude, see a doctor. Sounds like you have an infection.

blackraptor16
01-09-2004, 02:05 PM
Speaking from experience...

if you let strep throat go - it will develop into rhumatic fever - which will leave you with permanent heart damage.

I decided to go skiing instead of to the doctor - bad idea!!

sickmojave
01-09-2004, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by MOFO
Go see a doctor... end of story.

/\ /\ ;)

HoNdAdude48
01-09-2004, 02:12 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Samson
[B]Dallas huh? Is your name Parcells and did the symtoms start after screeming at a quarterback in Carolina?

thats prolly part of the reason im sick, oh well theres always next year.

wilkin250r
01-09-2004, 02:48 PM
My first suggestion is, go see a doctor.

My second suggestion is, get a cup of warm water, and drop in two asprin and a teaspoon of salt and stir it until the asprin and salt dissolve. Gargle with it, a mouthfull at a time, so it should take you several gargles to get through the whole cup.

When you gargle, tilt your head back and make sure it gets to the back of your throat. Your throat is ovbiously infected, the idea is that the salt will help draw out the infection, and the asprin will help numb and soothe your throat.

Try not to swallow the saltwater, just gargle and spit. The first time I tried this method, it helped a little. The second time I tried it (the next day) it helped a LOT.

Mango
01-09-2004, 03:06 PM
Gargle with warm salt water and vinegar; 2 parts water 1 part vinegar,
add a 1/2 tea spoon of salt.

This potion will alter the PH in your throat where the bacteria is living.
It will leave a bad tast in your mouth and also make your teeth feel very "dry", but it will help a bunch. Repeat every couple of hours if needed, and take an asperin.

If you have actual strep, you will need to see a doc, get swabbed to determine the strand of strep, and get some anti-biotics. If you are suffering from a sinus drainage, "common cold", or some type of allergy, this will help a bunch.

I am not a doctor, my father was.:D

Mango

MOFO
01-09-2004, 03:08 PM

if it hurts behind your ears I bet you are developing a sinus infection... sounds like its just getting worse and worse... as I said before... see a doctor...you need medication (antibiotics) to clear this up.

Got nads?
01-09-2004, 05:37 PM
Sounds to me like you got a bad case of blockage, I suggest you go get some EX-LAX. Oh wait wrong end, do they make suppositories for sore throats?:huh

wilkin250r
01-09-2004, 05:54 PM
Originally posted by Mango
This potion will alter the PH in your throat where the bacteria is living.

If it's a viral infection, this won't do anything. Then again, if it's viral, there's not much you can do, period. Antibiotics won't help a viral infection.

JTRtrx250r
01-09-2004, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by blackraptor16
Speaking from experience...

if you let strep throat go - it will develop into rhumatic fever - which will leave you with permanent heart damage.

I decided to go skiing instead of to the doctor - bad idea!! speaking from experience myself too ...what she said ..lol, and to finish the topic...what MOFO said..., its not worth questioning guys on an atv site, your doc will find out exactly what you have wrong...NOW GET!!:grr:

popo
01-10-2004, 09:46 AM
I think it's a case of blue ballz. :p

big-guy
01-11-2004, 08:50 AM
It is possible to get herpes in your throat...

Guy400
01-11-2004, 09:03 AM
I debated on whether or not to even reply in this thread:p

Could be a number of things but you should really go see a doctor. I've had strep throat about 10 times in my life and it's always just as you describe. A common symptom associated with strep are white spots on the back of your throat, swollen tonsils (if you still have them) and the swallowing pain.

Woodsrider
01-11-2004, 09:27 AM
Eeeewwww! Strep.:blah: I hated that every time I had it. the only illness I remember that hurt worse was Mumps:(

Go see a Doc man;)