PDA

View Full Version : frostbite?

redgrizz
01-09-2004, 01:35 PM
hey guys i was snowmobiling the other day for about 3 hours and i was wearing my atv helmet with goggles. after i was done i warmed my face up and it burned for about an hour. for the past few days its gotten lighter but is still really red in some places. is this a scar or somethin? anytin i can do about it? thanks

MOUSE
01-09-2004, 01:45 PM
sounds like you might have windburn, it will go away might peel a little like a sunburn. you might be able to go to the local pharmacy and ask for some mointurizing cream it will take the burn away i used to get it when i went in the river shrimping.

redgrizz
01-09-2004, 02:03 PM
yea i had a feelin it was jus wind burn

black box films
01-09-2004, 02:46 PM
If your going to be out that long, you should look into an full-face snowmobile helmet. Your ATV helmet is desinged to allow alot of air to flow in and keep your head cool during the summer. It's OK for snowcross races or shot rides, but not the greatest for long rides.

-Bo

Mango
01-09-2004, 03:22 PM
Frostbite is due to your inner core loosing temperature.
The body then starts to shut of arteries and blood flow to extremeties, usually finger and toes, in defense and attemting to keep your organs warm. (98 degrees)

Mouse is probably correct in the windburn theory. You can also apply some lotion BEFORE you ride and the skin will not dehydrate and burn as easily.

I watch alot of TV.:D

Mango

Quad18star
01-09-2004, 05:00 PM
No that would definatly be frost bite . I bet the next time you go outside and it's really cold the areas that were frostbitten will turn a white color . I got mild frost bite on my cheeks when I was a kid ... so ahs everyone else that I know . If it turns black , you're in trouble.

redgrizz
01-09-2004, 05:36 PM
well it sucks cause my peeps think i have frostbite so they didnt let me go outside today:mad: well no part of my face was white, i knew that was a bad sign, after i got in they were purple so, doesnt hurt anymore since i put some lotion on

Atreyu
01-09-2004, 06:05 PM
Sounds like windburn to me..I had it from riding in 30 degree weather because I was wide open all day. My face got red and skin peeled..almost felt like a burn of some sort..