PDA

View Full Version : anyone have elka shocks

str400ex
02-20-2002, 06:48 PM
anyone run elka shocks out there i was wondering how they are how they compare to the other brands for mx thanks shawn

CBRSLIDER
02-20-2002, 06:53 PM
I have the fronts and they are awesome. I don't run mx but they are great in the rough stuff on the trail. I just put on my Elka converted rear shock. It seems to be pretty plush but have not got a chance to hammer on it. The fronts thou are the ticket. I would list them as the best mod I have made to my wheeler in the $10,000 I have spent on it. Can't wait for the race season to start.

Hope this helps.

Ray

400exJOE
02-20-2002, 07:04 PM
Hey str400ex, I do not run aftermarket shocks, but from what I have heard axis shocks are the best, which is what you have. I dont think it would be worth it to get elkas when your shocks are already top of the line.

02-20-2002, 07:35 PM
A good friend of mine has elka ZPS's all the way around and they are fricken great. The only thing I have ever rode with after market shocks besides that is a banshee with works. Like anything in life you get what you pay for, and I know my elka's will be in the mail as soon as I can afford them. Go elkas is my suggestion.

The Treehugger

2002 Yellow 400EX
DG SuperTrap Full Exhaust, (Jetted for it too)
PEP Steering Stabilizer and EZ pull clutch lever
Pro Design Kill Switch, NACS Parking Brake Block
PRO TAPER Handle Bars with ACERBIS Brush Guards
NACS Foot Peg Extenders and Case Saver
Bandit XCR 23X7X10 Fronts
PRM Swing Arm, Frame Guards, Summit Front Bumper
KN air filter, 14t Renthal Front
In the mail- Bandit rears, AC Pro Peg nerfs
Soon to come maybe, just maybe ELKA ZPS

02-20-2002, 07:39 PM
Yeah.... I did a little MX this past weekend at Rausch Creek in PA, I don't get anything close to the air others get, but since I just got my Elka front and rear shocks.... I just had to try them out!! I did some jumps that I know I would not have liked on my stockers, but my aftermarket shocks was a huge improvement. But to compare it to the other aftermarket shocks.... I can't answer that. One guy there that runs MX and got "huge" air there at the track ran PEP, and he swears they are the best shock.... if you can deal with the long wait for them. I'm very happy with my Elkas, but then I got them for XC racing and trail riding. I don't know too much about MX, sorry.

str400ex
02-20-2002, 08:12 PM
the shocks i buy are for my practice quad im not wanting to wait a long time for them im verry happy with the axis long travel

countypark
02-21-2002, 06:50 AM
Elka makes a high quality product and they back it with "second to none" service. If a customer get a shock package that they are unhappy with Elka will work with that customer until the customer is satisfied. Email me for pricing countyparkracing@hotmail.com

kabd69667
02-21-2002, 01:01 PM
My elka's are great...i love them. Great performance, good looks, good service, didn't take 12 weeks to get them, and their rear conversion is probably one of the best in the business for one of the cheapest prices

OCCRA288
02-26-2002, 02:02 PM
Where can I get Elkas? and for how much?

02-26-2002, 02:15 PM
I got mine through C&D Racing out of Nebraska. Their number is 308-368-7805 or www.colbykostman.tripod.com

Ask for Colby.... his secretary (wife) Dusty usually answers. Great people to do business with!!!!!:) For my fronts, I got triple rate with piggy backs and "SSD" (self sagging device) for about $720/$735, something like that. Good luck!!! I hope you enjoy your Elkas as much as I do!!!

countypark
02-26-2002, 02:37 PM
Ex'rMarlin

Did you get anything else from them or just the front Elka's?

02-26-2002, 02:59 PM
C&D Racing does not only carry Elka shocks. They also carry other name brand shocks and atv products.
I also got an Elka dual rate rear shock with "SSD" plus stainless steel brake lines and other small items through them.

I ordered them on a Wednesday in December, and got all 3 shocks in one week.......:cool: