PDA

View Full Version : jumping

400EXcrazy
01-08-2004, 09:03 PM
i am kinda new to jumping i am goin this weekend any tips i should no

foxracingpredat
01-08-2004, 09:11 PM
give her alot of gas and land rubber side down:devil:

while in air: rear brakes lower front end while more gas brings the front end back up,,,also make sure ur suspension is dialed in right if your gonna be hitting big jumps!

416mx
01-08-2004, 09:12 PM
Start slow, don't do anything your not comfortable with, and don't let someone talk you into something your not ready to try. Have fun and good luck!!!!!!!!!:muscle:

LTandRaptorider
01-09-2004, 08:33 AM
Originally posted by 416mx
Start slow, don't do anything your not comfortable with, and don't let someone talk you into something your not ready to try. Have fun and good luck!!!!!!!!!:muscle:

yep, very good advice. You only want to jump a few feet to begin with, give you a feel for how the quad handles. The object is to give you confidence, not scare the crap out of you. So don't let others temp you to do something you're not ready for. And don't forget to get us pics!

Good luck, have fun! ;)

seatec
01-09-2004, 08:47 AM
Well, i am a juior to jumping myself so here is what i did.
I also first roll every jump i am contemplating on jumping.
Then i watch how others jump it and see what body English they are using. Then i give it a go. Make sure you carry enough speed for the jump to clear it, esspecially if it is a double and not a table top. I suggest you learn on a table top first anyway. Make sure you hit the jump square on and have your weight distributed evenly over both pegs. Also make sure you are standing up when hitting the face of the jump. When leaving the face of the jump , dont let of the gas abruptly because that will make you nose dive esspecially with a four stroke.
That pretty much is how i went about doing my first jumps. And no matter what you do, it is scary at first but then you start to like it. (Don't get cocky). Good luck and keep thinking while you are sailing.

Anybody have comments about my advice? Hate to give him bad advice and get hurt.

REDRIDER7
01-09-2004, 10:50 AM
What everyone else has said and remember, what you don't jump today you can live to jump tomorrow.

300exOH
01-09-2004, 12:44 PM
Good advise everyone.

Also give it a little gas when you land and it will soften the landing. Also keep your speed up. It's better to hit doubles a little too fast to make sure you clear the jump. You don't want to come up short. Good luck and be safe!:cool:

seatec
01-09-2004, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by 300exOH
Good advise everyone.

Also give it a little gas when you land and it will soften the landing. Also keep your speed up. It's better to hit doubles a little too fast to make sure you clear the jump. You don't want to come up short. Good luck and be safe!:cool:

DAMN, i knew i forgot something. WHen i started jumping and not landing on the down sloap but on the flat i was always getting jarred and almost thrown over the front so my buddy said, hit the gas when you land. it smooths out thye transition.

foxracingpredat
01-09-2004, 01:51 PM
o ya good point, u need to make sure to look at all the jumps and landings be4 u start going off them hard! or else u can get ur self into som bad trouble,,,there is a big difference between double and table top

turnandburn
01-09-2004, 02:31 PM
seatec .damn good advice couldnt said it beter myself. Also be carfull of the adrenaline rush can cause you to go to big to early,just stay calm and think!

2k2-300exnj
01-14-2004, 10:42 PM
landing ramps are always easier on you and your bike then flat landings practice that on tables fisrt going a little farther each time until u can hit it consistantly landing on the landing ramp, also hit the jumps in a higher gear than u would and let the tourqe do the work do hit all rung out bc when u let off the gas it will be a drastic change in the air and could screw u up for the landing

Cole Trane
01-15-2004, 10:12 AM
I always check the whole jump out before taking it. The takeoff should be pretty smooth, not a lot of ruts. Take it slowly at first almost rolling over it then speed up from there. But like foxracing said, don't take anything you don't feal comfortable with. It's scary at first, but you'll get used to it. Hope this helps!!

nick23
01-15-2004, 10:57 AM
hold er pinned,......go big or go home

03400EX_Nacs
01-16-2004, 08:14 PM
something i usually do especially when the jumps arent real even is go over the top and stop and spin tires so you'll know where you are gonna hit