PDA

View Full Version : ac nerf bars (a joke???)

atvracr350
01-08-2004, 07:07 PM
I just got my new pro peg ac nerf bars in (the new style) and they do not fit for anything. They expect you to drill a hole through the nerf bar and the steel mounting pole to put a bolt in them. Does anybody know what kind of bit to use because normal ones do not work ( i tried). Also does anyone have trouble getting there nets to fit right on there? I feel like these are way to over price for the price you have to pay. On a good note though i love the look they have. Awesome in person.

ridesa02400EX
01-08-2004, 07:16 PM
just use a normal metal bit.

Narly R
01-08-2004, 08:38 PM
They should fit, unless you got a differnt style like for a r or sumthin...:confused:

I justed used a normal metal bit.

nipps85
01-09-2004, 12:21 PM
They expect you to drill a hole through the nerf bar and the steel mounting pole to put a bolt in them.
So what's the problem. Do you not own a drill?

Bubba
01-09-2004, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by nipps85
So what's the problem. Do you not own a drill?

i'm sure he owns a drill but when u pay a decent amount of money you expect thing to line up right or have predrilled holes.

RiPPiNiTuP7
01-09-2004, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by Bubba
i'm sure he owns a drill but when u pay a decent amount of money you expect thing to line up right or have predrilled holes.

maybe theres a reason behind them not drilling a hole. when i had my propegs on my old ex, they bolted up nice and snug, so i didnt feel the need to drill mine out.

Derno24
01-09-2004, 05:56 PM
I found AC stuff needs a little tweeking. I had 2 sets for my cannondale 1 bolted right up the other had to be pulled on a little to get it to work. That is the problem with working with aluminum. It tend to move shape. As far as drilling a hole how can they match the steel peg to your aluminum peg. This allows adjustment if things don't match right up.

only_banshees
01-09-2004, 11:08 PM
Ac nerfs suck, get Graydon proline or pro amor

Ralph
01-10-2004, 11:58 AM
trick is not to drill. but wrap the steel peg with some duck tape and then with a rubber McMallet hit it on, tight fight, no McDrilling needed. Also make sure u are going about mounting them correctly.

jeff1984
01-11-2004, 12:45 AM
i bought the x-factor pro pegsand they came with instructions and pictures of each step. the fit was good but the plate that mounts to the frame that has the round peg bent down. i went back to x/f and they made me some new mounting pegs and the plate was almost twice as thick. oh, and they didn't charge me for the new ones

Jnine
01-11-2004, 11:20 PM
This statement is incorrect.

"That is the problem with working with aluminum. It tend to move shape. As far as drilling a hole how can they match the steel peg to your aluminum peg. This allows adjustment if things don't match right up."

It's not the problem with aluminum or any other alloy. It's several other things like fixturing, understanding how the metal is going to react, working it correctly, and giving a d@#n about your customer. You can and should predrill whenever possible. Somehow that is always missed by some companies, and there is a constant running thread on why some poor riders nerfs don't fit. You have to ask why that is.....

310Rduner
01-12-2004, 12:32 AM
Hey John, I was just curious about what you think of the Gibson pro pegs? Mine should be here monday, and I'm just wondering if the positives I've heard on them are true?

Jnine
01-12-2004, 09:05 AM
You know, I've never seen them in person, but I do believe they stand a much better chance of them fitting correctly. They look like a quality product.

02Yellow400
01-12-2004, 01:37 PM
My pro-armors went right on and fit awesome. They are so solid. Really a well made product

zephead400ex
01-12-2004, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by 02Yellow400
My pro-armors went right on and fit awesome. They are so solid. Really a well made product

I 2nd that. They are very strong, good fit and good protection! Good customer service also!

racerx573
01-14-2004, 04:40 PM
Never had a problem with my AC's. That's all I've ever owned and they were great every time. I personally do not like all the little aluminum machined teeth on the Gibson. I like to have a little flex in my pegs, those seem a bit too solid for my likings. I always drill my holes front to back, because I have had the bottoms of bolts break off from bottoming out and stuff like that. Pro Peg mount frames help too :D , but I only have 1 pro peg mount frame. Drilling the holes take a whole 2 minutes to do anyways. I think AC is the standard in nerf bars.

atvracr350
01-17-2004, 05:37 PM
guys im really sorry i havent been replying i just havent got my account to work lately for some reason. Bake to the subject i do like them now I just couldnt drill through that aluminum and i found out you really don't have to but i am very pleased with their finish and look they give the bike but other than the drilling problem i love them. Compared to the dg ones my friend had put on his kfx 400 they are much better. His are bending and have no shine anymore. The one on the left of his bike is bent probably 4 inched down from normal riding and no wrecks. I wouldn't recomend them.