PDA

View Full Version : need stator what is a good one

sweetass300ex
01-08-2004, 06:17 PM
well my 87 250r stator took a dump and i need to buy a new one but dont know what kind to get i was looking at a ricky stator 200watt but i would like to ask some people with experiece to see what is the best to go with and will it make a differincein power and running better
thank u for ur time

sweetass300ex

wilkin250r
01-09-2004, 09:08 AM
I have both.

The only reason you would want to run a high-output stator is if you want to run more lights.

The high output stator has it's drawbacks. It would be very difficult to explain to you electromagnetics and power generation, so without explaining WHY, I'll just tell you that the high-output stator doesn't work as well at low RPMs.

With the stock stator, your lights dim a little at idle, and will brighten again when you rev it up. With the high output stator, your lights dim a lot at idle. Yes, it puts out more power at high RPMs to run more lights, but it puts out LESS power at low RPMs, causing your lights to dim.

So, the only question you need to ask yourself: Can I live with the lights dimming at low RPMs, is the extra lighting worth it? For me, the answer is yes. I ride dunes, and I love night riding, so the extra lights is certainly worth a little dimming at low RPMs.