PDA

View Full Version : big question on crf 450

redrider05
01-08-2004, 04:59 PM
Alright I bought a crf450 quad off a guy like 4 weeks ago. And he told me he put brand new oil and antifreeze in it.and that it was ready to ride.So I took it home and parked it in the garage for 3 weeks.Because the weather in ohio was horible.I would start it up every now and then and let it run for afew minutes.Then on thursday,Jan 1st the weather was finaly nice to go ride.So I went to a practice track by my house with a few of my freinds to practice mx.We rode for probally 2 hrs and then we headed home. And right when I pulled in the driveway my 450 started making a horrible sqealing noise.It made the noise for about 5 seconds then I quickly shut it off.not wanting to hurt anything any worse.Then the next night my freind and i went to A local shop to take alook at it.And found out it had no transmissiom oil and no anti-freeze.So from there we took The engine out of the quad and decided to take the engine apart to what was making the noise.The shop owner was tearing it apart and found that the waterpump was bad.The piston and rod was bad because he said the nikasil coating on the parts was wore off.After I saw that I went home.then the next night he called me and told me the crank is bad to and that it will cost over 1200 bucks.Well the question is how can the piston,rod,and crank go bad if there was engine oil in it.Its not like the motor was siesed.Because i can understand that those parts would be junk if that happened.also the guy i bought it from said he had the motor be a 440 then right before he sold it to me he brought it back to a stock 450.so to me that sounds a bit odd that not to long ago after the motor was worked on it decides to take a **** on me.So any suggestions on what i should about this.
Jon

AtvMxRider
01-08-2004, 05:05 PM
Man that sucks but about the only thing you can do is call the guy you bought it from and see what he says. I know it's not what you want to hear but you are probably stuck with the repair bill:( .

redrider05
01-08-2004, 05:28 PM
I know i am going to get stuck with the repair bill but i just want to know how that stuff could go bad if it had engine oil

AtvMxRider
01-08-2004, 05:30 PM
Cause it prolly wasn't worth a chit when he put it together.

01-08-2004, 06:57 PM
gotta agree with the black man on this one. Front the bill and call the due u bought it from.

AtvMxRider
01-08-2004, 07:00 PM
Originally posted by Jingle
gotta agree with the black man on this one. Front the bill and call the due u bought it from.

:grr:

WhiteBros400ex
01-08-2004, 07:08 PM
I have a 400ex and i had the same problem it make a nock though and it had low engine oil and the bearing in the conecting was bad and wore the crank from low oil so its possible and lucky for me honda paided for it but call the guy and maybe he will pay some for it who knows Give him a call. let us all know what happened.:( :( :(