PDA

View Full Version : need 3-6 mph more on topend!!!what should i do?

660r2a400ex
01-08-2004, 04:41 PM
i ride most of the night time through out the early morning, i cant make my bike noisy and i dont have money for enging mods, what should i do?

Greg Z
01-08-2004, 04:46 PM
why dont you stick to your other post instead of making a new one :rolleyes:

get a pipe... and air filter then add 1 more tooth to your front

HiperEX
01-08-2004, 04:47 PM
change the gearing? add a few teeth to teh front sprocket there pretty cheap like 12-20$ for a front

660r2a400ex
01-08-2004, 05:11 PM
lol, okay smart ***!!! naw, the topic changed so made another forum, and anyways, and i said i can't make my bike loud, didnt you read that, so why would i add an exhaust, but thanks, hey would an airfilter give me atleast 1 mph gain? what about a sparks key?

skemp
01-08-2004, 05:12 PM
16 tooth front sprocket, or a 36 or 35 tooth rear if you don't want to modify the case saver. That will get you a few more up top and won't add any noise. What are you scared to come out in daylight? ;)

Berry
01-08-2004, 05:20 PM
a different sprocket, i dont know anything about the size. taller tires like 22 inch maybe. k&n air filter. jet it. take off your air box lid. nitrous. turbo. bore it over..possibilitys are endless!!! wahoooo:p

660r2a400ex
01-08-2004, 05:37 PM
lol, i ride from 12 in the morin til 3 the next morning! after the sky gets dark we play around on the streets, i know i shouldn't do it so u guys dont have to lecture me, and if anykids read this, yes it is stupid so dont do what other people do, but noise isn't my thing anyways, what do you guys think about this set up : >
36 tooth rear sprocket-$35
UNI Filter( doesn't mess the jetting up as bad as a K&N)$25
Sparks degree key$20
and maybe a rev box$79-$130
i can get all that stuff for under $200

Martin Blair
01-08-2004, 05:41 PM
grind the wlekds on your head pipe, get all that you listed, and you could get a quite core fmf pipe there not that loud, or a TC racing pipe, they make less noise then stock :D

mustang93
01-08-2004, 06:36 PM
I have ridden on the street and dont see the thrill of it, a solid axle handles like crap around corners and its not worth the agrivation and wear on a set of expensive tires. Im from Connecticut roads are anything but straight. mabey the streets are straight in Virginia?

01-08-2004, 06:40 PM
Originally posted by mustang93
I have ridden on the street and dont see the thrill of it, a solid axle handles like crap around corners and its not worth the agrivation and wear on a set of expensive tires. Im from Connecticut roads are anything but straight. mabey the streets are straight in Virginia?

maybe you dont know how to drive a solid axle on teh road:o

:p

01-08-2004, 06:50 PM
alright all of these engine mods will only get you to your top end faster not make your quad faster. But a sproket will make you faster. so go with a filter sprocket, and maybe a degree key but no rev box your not gonna hit the rev on a stock bike unless your really pushing it. JMO

Juggalo
01-08-2004, 07:00 PM
thats right. the only way to change your top end speed is different gearing or taller tires.

Martin Blair
01-08-2004, 09:01 PM
yeah there right but you need more power as well to keep the bike performaing the same on the low end and mid range in the woods or on trails

cals400ex
01-09-2004, 12:14 AM
i was told shaving the stock fenders may give an increase in top speed. i don't think you will gain 5mph out of the mods you listed though. i personally think the filter is not going to be noticable. i have the stock filter, uni, twin air, and have used a K&N. i can't tell a difference in power even after going up one size on the main with the K&N.

660r2a400ex
01-09-2004, 01:24 PM
yea i live in king william, va. roads are pretty much staright and you rarely see cars on the main roads from times around 11-3 in the mornin, we stay somewhat close to home but we go around 10-20 miles down the road wide open, believe me u will hit the rev limit.

660r2a400ex
01-09-2004, 01:26 PM
oh yea and dont get me wrong i love the trails and our 30 foot freestyle double, but once its dark the streets are where we ride, its fun, cops chasing you gives u a thrill and as far as they handle we take the trails to get to the main road then just run straight, go to our friends houses, go to the store, everywhere its great

PHIL_B54
01-09-2004, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by 660r2a400ex
cops chasing you gives u a thrill

SCREW YOU.... no help from me

and hell ya, im going to lecture you. nothing like waisting the sherif's time chasing your ignorant asses, when he could be doing his job. i would laugh my *** of, if your place got cleaned out by someone, while the cops were chasing you.

you remind me of the guys around here ...steal quads and use them to make meth. they ride around at night transporting stuff, when they finally get caught, they steal a new quad for themselves and go right back at it....this is why the cops will harass the rest of us when we ride.

SGA
01-09-2004, 03:52 PM
This theard is going nowhere but a flame fest. You got your answers to go faster. Thread locked.