PDA

View Full Version : OEM Yamy parts

SLB400EX
02-20-2002, 05:08 PM
Where's the best and cheapest place on the net to get Yamy parts, mainly Raptor parts?

Thanks in advance!!
Sherri

Guy400
02-20-2002, 06:12 PM
Action Cycle in Alliance, OH. It's a small Suzuki/Yamaha dealership and they've consistently been the cheapest place for any OEM parts that I've had to buy. (330)821-8777

Give them a try, I don't know their shipping policy (I live 20 minutes from it).

TrengaBlaster3
02-22-2002, 08:07 AM
guy do they have a website?

Guy400
02-22-2002, 03:24 PM
Unfortunately not. It's a small dealership and from the looks of the place on the outside you'd swear to yourself that you'd never do business with them. They are some good old boys (went there with a guy on Tuesday to drop a stock shock off to them to have it rebuilt and they already had the beer flowin' at 5:15) but they get the job done and it's done on time. We dropped the shock off on Tuesday at 5:15 and they called at 1:00 Wednesday informing us it's done. You go inside and they've got stacks of OEM parts (both new and used) and they're cheap. As an example; my old '92 LT was rear-ended and the lock bolts on the back of the swingarm were broken off. Those studs are hardened and I was attempting to drill them out, tap and heli-coil new holes in the bearing carrier but as I was drilling the bit walked and I chewed into the carrier (ruining it). I called a big dealership and they quoted me a price of $175 just for the carrier. I called Action and they said that they could get me a new one for about $160 or they've got a used one that's in good shape for much cheaper. I went out there and looked at it and the bearing surfaces were good so I told them I'd take it. They took the thing, tapped bigger holes and inserted new, heavier studs for less than $50. Basically, I had a used bearing carrier that was in just as good of condition as a new one with bigger studs for less than a 1/3 of the price.

Trenga, if you're in need of an OEM part for a Yammy/Suzuki just call that number and tell them what you need. They'll give you the cheapest price, no BS.

CranMan
02-22-2002, 04:38 PM
I just found out about a site , it's partsfish.com you can see the parts breakdown for almost any Honda or Yamaha atv, and they have prices listed too. I dont know if they're all that cheap, but it's worth checking out the site for parts breakdowns.