PDA

View Full Version : Most affordable place to get shocks from??

Steve-o 400EX
01-08-2004, 11:21 AM
Who has the best prices on shocks? I am thinkig about works for the front, and the best price i found so far was on ebay. Does anyone know of any other places that have good prices on them?

01-08-2004, 11:26 AM
i got mine brand new from a guy on ebay too...i forget his username.... i think after everything they wer like $340 for my fronts w/o rezzies...I had them a little less than 2 weeks later

300exOH
01-08-2004, 11:32 AM
Try C&D. They will make sure you get shocks that are set up correctly. Good customer service too.

foleyit
01-08-2004, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by Steve-o 400EX
Who has the best prices on shocks?

I haven't purchased anything from C&D, but give Lester ATV a shot. I purchased shocks from him and he set me up for $476. So happy with the service I've done repeat business with him. He also has auctions on eBay, that's how I found him.

http://www.lesteratv.com

03400EX_Nacs
01-08-2004, 02:35 PM
i have seen alot of good deals on all shocks on ebay and i seen a couple recently with no reserve

01-08-2004, 02:59 PM
check out ebay and our for sale section. i got my tcs from a member here for 350 i think.

Crawl69
01-08-2004, 06:02 PM
I agree with 300exOH, C&D has some good deals and they'll give you some advice on whats best for you.

Martin Blair
01-08-2004, 09:04 PM
magnolia tractor has tcs racing series for 685

try www.pbsperformance.com call pat talk to him usually they can cut you a good deal even on elkas, and call houser for LT shocks they got good prices on axis and lt elkas

Pappy
01-08-2004, 09:10 PM
i realize that price is an issue for you but the most important factor in shock purchasing is finding a seller they has a rep for setting the shocks up correctly (not just sending out shelf units) and also a company that will help if there is trouble or when its time to adjust them. service costs a bit more but well worth it.

Steve-o 400EX
01-09-2004, 08:55 AM
Okay thanks guys on the advise. How do you guys like your non rezzie works??

foleyit
01-09-2004, 09:18 AM
Originally posted by Pappy
i realize that price is an issue for you but the most important factor in shock purchasing is finding a seller they has a rep for setting the shocks up correctly (not just sending out shelf units) and also a company that will help if there is trouble or when its time to adjust them. service costs a bit more but well worth it.

I agree with Pappy about the seller. Eventhough, I found Lester ATV through eBay he doesn't have them sitting in his shop ready to ship out. He asked me a series of questions to make sure that my shocks we're setup correctly. When I got my shocks the same question sheet was in the box from Works. I would be hesitant purchasing a shock that just happened to be available to all of your specifications. I'm sure that Elkas, and TCS and any other high-end shocks are like Works, "made to order". For what it's worth I have purchased shocks through Lester ATV for 3 of my quads. Purchase with confidence through Lester ATV.