PDA

View Full Version : playstation 2 problems

zzbudzz
01-08-2004, 08:18 AM
i 've been playing madden 2004 for a few months , a week ago i noticed that the game has gotten slow,the sound is skipping at certain points and couple of my games won't play. does the lens need adjusting? anyone have a good web site to trouble shoot my ps2.

400EX_Kid_03
01-08-2004, 08:45 AM
the only advice i can give you, is if it starts to give you the "disk read error" then you have 2 options, clean it yourself, send it in to be cleaned! Now if you trust yourself with takingit apart, and can spare the $199 if you F*ck up, then do that, it will save you money in the end if you do it right, but if you dont trust yourself, just send it to Sony, the will clean it for you, all you have to do is pay shipping!

As for your problem with madden, check to make sure the disk is clean and free of scratches, if it is, then your lens prolly needs cleaning!

01-08-2004, 11:39 AM
i had the same problem...snt in in to sony...the problem came back a few weks later & I sold it & got an xbox...I ammso happy with my xbox..iv'e dropped the hing down my teps it sill works..;)

bansheerider_13
01-08-2004, 11:49 AM
i think that problem is just on the madden 2004 after you play it so much mine started doing this to about a month ago but it only happens on madden and every other game runs fine and doesnt skip just my madden and it has no scraces on it

UglyMotha™
01-08-2004, 12:19 PM
adjusting the lasers on those suckers is a major PITA but i seriously doubt that is your problem sounds more or less like either you need to run a cleaner thru it or make sure the disk is clean and free of any scratches never hurts to shoot some canned air in there either :o

Omega Blue
01-08-2004, 03:00 PM
cleaning the laser is easy, i kept getting the disk read error and fixed it myself in about 5 minutes but im pretty sure its the game itself not the Ps2.

EDIT you might try looking around to see if anyone else has been having that same problem and if their any fixes.