PDA

View Full Version : Elka shock setup

Knips178
01-08-2004, 07:15 AM
I'm trying to determine the right starting setup for an all new Elka suspension. I am mounting Elka long travel quad rate fully adj. fronts and an Elka fully adj. SSD rear (thanks to BUCK442) and want to get the suspension setup in the right area on the first try. Anyone have these shocks and know roughly how many clicks or turns the dampning and rebound should be at for MX? (stock swing arm, +3+1 LT A-arms)

Oh, and where can I score some EXRiders.com decals for my quad?

Knips178
01-08-2004, 07:33 AM
I posted this question and in minutes Yann at Elka pm me with his phone number and talked me through initial settings and offered to send me a free manual right away to help me adjust my shocks. I told him no thanks he already called me the day before and shipped me a manual after I requested one by email. I tell you what, for you people out there that question whether Custom Axis, PEP, Elka, TCS or whatever is the right shock for you, I heard it over and over about how good Elka's service is, and now I know why! They are the only shock company I'll ever do buisness with.
Thanks allot Yann!

Pappy
01-08-2004, 07:47 AM
Originally posted by Knips178
I posted this question and in minutes Yann at Elka pm me with his phone number and talked me through initial settings and offered to send me a free manual right away to help me adjust my shocks. I told him no thanks he already called me the day before and shipped me a manual after I requested one by email. I tell you what, for you people out there that question whether Custom Axis, PEP, Elka, TCS or whatever is the right shock for you, I heard it over and over about how good Elka's service is, and now I know why! They are the only shock company I'll ever do buisness with.
Thanks allot Yann!

now thats service:cool:

cdalejef
01-08-2004, 07:49 AM
Preach it brother! :D

Silverfox@C&DRacing
01-08-2004, 08:44 AM
Kudos to Yann :)

remlapr
01-08-2004, 09:03 AM
Jeff - why doesn't he ever post? I guess he's just not wanting to get bombarded with empty criticism and stupid questions??

Pappy
01-08-2004, 09:07 AM
Originally posted by remlapr
Jeff - why doesn't he ever post? I guess he's just not wanting to get bombarded with empty criticism and stupid questions??

maybe he follows the old adage:

its better to listen and not speak and let people assume your an idiot then to speak and remove all doubt:devil: :blah:

id love to hear what they have to say but in reality i think if they posted they would get hammered by anyone who either doesnt like elka or thinks they know more then them. if it was actually someone who did know more id listen , but it gets old fast when you find out a 15 year old is busting yer ballz on an issue that you spend everyday dealing with:p

elka is here and reading....thats awesome IMO:macho

cdalejef
01-08-2004, 09:48 AM
Good question remlapr....he has posted a couple times in the past.

Knips178
01-08-2004, 10:09 AM
I'd just like to say thanks to Pappy and Jeff, and to anyone else that takes time to respond to everyone elses questions. That's why I love this site, Riders helping other riders unselfishly. Ok enough of that jo session, but seriously, I sware Pappy is in every single forum thread I've ever seen. how do have enough time in the day to post so much?

Pappy
01-08-2004, 10:11 AM
im not real....im but a computer response system integrated into this site:blah:

cdalejef
01-08-2004, 10:22 AM
I believe that!

Knips178
01-09-2004, 10:15 AM
How about that! A computer response system that pays itself by being a patron!:huh
Well, we still like having your around Pappy (or should I call you Big Blue?)

Pappy
01-09-2004, 10:17 AM
call me anything except late for dinner:p

tholt
01-09-2004, 08:57 PM
Yann is a great guy to talk to. I am a dealer through Elka at my ATV shop and he is really good to talk to and will help you out with anything you have.