PDA

View Full Version : Hotcams (?recall?)

markk
01-08-2004, 02:47 AM
Ok i bought a new hotcam stage 1 for my 99 400ex, we just finished two nights ago with putting the motor in it and i have got abotu 5 hours on my fresh top end. My cam seems to be making a little bit of noise

I have heard that on some of the older hotcams, the one u press the flange onto that the flange can sprocket all can come loose and blow up a motor? IS ANY OF THIS TRUE???

I would just like to hear what anyone thinks or has experienced,

thanks

NeonImpact
01-08-2004, 05:04 AM
i've heard this rumor also, and im very curious to know also..
but i would have to say "No" in my opinion, because i dont see how anything can become so loose to cause problems in the long run..

but i could be wrong..

anyone have any useful information/updates? :confused:

01-08-2004, 05:43 AM
Yes there was a problem with hot cams several months back, maybe even a year ago. Were did you get the cam from and when??

sickmojave
01-08-2004, 05:50 AM
Originally posted by Rico
Yes there was a problem with hot cams several months back, maybe even a year ago. Were did you get the cam from and when??

Let's hope it's not from ebay:eek:

Silverfox@C&DRacing
01-08-2004, 08:35 AM
an aftermarket cam is going to make more noise than what the stock one did..

cals400ex
01-08-2004, 04:15 PM
yep, my friends stage 1 makes quite a bit more racket than my stage 2, no matter how we adjust the valves. however, i don't know if that is possibly from a stretch timing chain or a old timing chain tensioner??

YZROOSTINYA
01-08-2004, 06:16 PM
i ran a loose cam on my quad for over 200 hours. it will NOT blow your motor up. contact tony at hotcams and he should help you out.

dariusld
01-08-2004, 06:40 PM
I bought my Hotcams stage 2 around the time the bad batch came out. I was afraid, but it has held up so far. I've checked the splines on the cam twice and they have been fine. While checking that I also checked the head bolts. They were fine the first check,but a little loose the second . I love my Hotcam!