PDA

View Full Version : performance help

02-20-2002, 03:57 PM
Pipes
Do you think it is worth spending a little more money for a White Brothers E series pipe for my 250ex or should i just get a pro circuit t 4. I dont want it to be overly loud. Also graydon makes pipes, any comments on these. i have herd nothing about these pipes but they look nice, but are they LOUD?
air filter
i am looking at a k&n air filter, is t worth the money? and if i get a pipe and a airfilter what should i re jet too?
i would really appreciate any responce
joey

roostfrom250ex
02-20-2002, 04:23 PM
Joey, get the graydon full system, K&N w/ outerwears, and main jets rainging from 110 to 115. Try your quad out and pick thebest of the 3 jets.

02-20-2002, 04:32 PM
thanks i was hoping to hear a response like that. Just 1 question. how loud is the graydon proline compared to the pro circuit. i have herd that the graydon has good power increses. does the graydon come with a spark arestor?
thabks
'joey

330EXman
02-20-2002, 05:43 PM
hey go with the Graydon. its a good pipe setup. along with this you would be a fool not to buy an air filter, i recommend K+N and you most certainly do need to rejet. anywheres from 110-120. also get an outer wear air box lid. these should help you real lot.

about jetting. install each jet and take and see if the motor runs smooth at high rpm. (no sputering skipping etc) and once you have that your golden. also after awhile check your spark plug to see if it is running lean, rich. If the tip is light brown its purfect if it is black and wet = rich. dark brown real dry=lean

i think that is how it goes.

later man

02-20-2002, 06:27 PM
Thanks. Is the graydon louder than the pro circuit? Also does the graydon come with a spark arestor?
joey

02-21-2002, 07:14 AM
How are you guys running 110 main jets in a 250ex. I put a #104 in mine and it run so rich at idle, it looked like a freight train at the tailpipe. Are we all talking about Dyno-jet brand or you guys using something else. I got the Supertrapp exhaust and installed all 12 discs and it still runs rich. I dropped it down to a #96 and it still sputters at high speed. I think my bike is just screwed up all the way around!

roostfrom250ex
02-21-2002, 08:41 AM
Yeah, the Graydon is loud and dosen't have a spark arrestor. If you hold it up, you can see right through it.

Scott
02-21-2002, 09:02 AM
Couple things...

First, a lean plug will be a lighter color to white, not dark brown and dry. Wet/dry is if it's flooded. Color of the plug will start to tell you how you're jetted. Black/dark=rich, golden brown=right on, light/white=way lean.

The Main jets you're talking about control from 1/2 throttle to wide open. The pilot jet controls the low rpm fuel. If you're running too richat idle, it's NOT the main jet, it's probably either the pilot (if you've changed it) or you might need to adjust the air screw (assuming the 250ex carb has the air screw adjustments).

330EXman
02-21-2002, 09:44 AM
right thats how it goes i got the words mixed up thanks for correcting me scott.

good job

later man jay

02-21-2002, 04:21 PM
Thanks, but do any of you guys recomend the pro circuit t 4. I have found one for 189.99, i think it is pretty good price and i am looking into it. Will i get some good horsepower increses with the airfilter and the pipe?
thanks
joey

joe250
02-21-2002, 07:02 PM
I personally like the big gun, it gives good horsepower gains, and comes with a spark arrester. It is rather loud, but you can buy a quiet core if you want.