Thanks
jason

sprtrx300ex
01-07-2004, 04:41 PM
http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=15884

pnut420
01-07-2004, 06:10 PM
One of the best threads

http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=62647&highlight=frozen+pivot+bolt

Chanman420q
01-07-2004, 07:31 PM
either soak it with PB blaster or cut it out with a plasma cutter

2004TRX450R
01-07-2004, 08:48 PM
Good luck! You probably won't get it out without cutting it out. What happens is the bolt freezes to the collars for the bearings. So the bolt and collars will turn but will not come out. I had that happen to my 250R and I beat on the bolt so hard it was starting to bend the flange on the frame out but the bolt still wouldn't move. So I took a cut off whell and cut the bolt in the gap where the frame tab had bent. Then shifted it to the other side and cut the other side off and slid the swing arm out. Then I had to cut it again between the engine mount and the swing arm. Let this be a lessen to EVERYONE here. When you first buy a bike part of regular maintenence is takeing the suspension apart and grease EVERYTHING. The factories don't put much grease in there from the factory and all the shock linkage bearings and swing arm bearings and a-arm bearings should be greased with in the first few weeks of owning the bike. This will insure that they will last a long time. Also I would recomend regreasing everything every 6 months of rideing. I bet of 75% of the people in this forum were to take apart their rear suspension the bearigns would be rused and full of dirt and shot and the swing arm pivot bolt would be forzen.

redrunner
01-08-2004, 01:28 PM
Yep do the grease zerk mod. What is the best type of grease to use?

yellerfour00
01-08-2004, 03:16 PM
Well it looks like its cutting time:(..... i heated it up and beat the hell out of it and it dont move !!!!!! thanks for the help... where is the cheapest place to get the bearings and bolt at???

xcracer416
01-08-2004, 03:20 PM
mine done that too....... all i done was get a freind to put an air impact on it to turn it and i beat it on the tread side with a 10lb sledge hammer. it might work for you

Crawl69
01-08-2004, 05:51 PM
The best thing for you to do is get the pivot works swingarm set. It comes with all of the bushings and bearings, the only other thing you need to get is a swingarm bolt. It'll cost you about $80 for everything.