PDA

View Full Version : need some info...e-bay troubles again.

Pvt. Maggot
01-07-2004, 01:16 PM
i found all the parts i need on e-bay.
Head with valves
20. Cylinder
20. high compression piston with rings and gasket

i e-mailed the guy and told him i wanted it all..he said he would sell it to me all for 180 shipped..so i sent the money order the 3rd. he said he would end the auction for them all...but he didn't..and i e-mailed him..and hes making it sound like he doesn't know what i'm talking about when i ask if he got the money order so i don't know what hes gonna do...if he says that he never said he would sell them to my i have all the e-mails so he can't...and if he trys to keep the money order can't i do something to where i have proof that he said that and he has to send me the stuff? i'm just kinda upset about this..but i'm not sure whats gonna happen yrt i guess i'll just wait and see. let me know what you think.

MOUSE
01-07-2004, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by Pvt. Maggot
i found all the parts i need on e-bay.
Head with valves
20. Cylinder
20. high compression piston with rings and gasket

i e-mailed the guy and told him i wanted it all..he said he would sell it to me all for 180 shipped..so i sent the money order the 3rd. he said he would end the auction for them all...but he didn't..and i e-mailed him..and hes making it sound like he doesn't know what i'm talking about when i ask if he got the money order so i don't know what hes gonna do...if he says that he never said he would sell them to my i have all the e-mails so he can't...and if he trys to keep the money order can't i do something to where i have proof that he said that and he has to send me the stuff? i'm just kinda upset about this..but i'm not sure whats gonna happen yrt i guess i'll just wait and see. let me know what you think.

if youve got all the emails and can confirm that it was him you were talking to ( getting his info ie isp carrier and such) and you have the receipt part of the money order i would say you can get him for mail fraud. dont quote this but i think its possible. i almost had to go this way because of a member of this site. i eventually got my stuff with the help of others on here but he was still lieing about the condition.

buy over the internet and sooner or later your gonna get burned :mad: :(

LTandRaptorider
01-07-2004, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by MOUSE
if youve got all the emails and can confirm that it was him you were talking to ( getting his info ie isp carrier and such) and you have the receipt part of the money order i would say you can get him for mail fraud. dont quote this but i think its possible. i almost had to go this way because of a member of this site. i eventually got my stuff with the help of others on here but he was still lieing about the condition.

buy over the internet and sooner or later your gonna get burned :mad: :(

yeah, I hate to hear about this. I've bought a lot of stuff on ebay, so far no problems. But it does make me a little nervous. Sounds like this guy is being a d*ck. Is the auction over yet? Although he told you he'd end it early, he's not obligated to do so, so not much you could do about that. Sounds like he's just hoping to hold out and get more money. If the auction is over, you can report him to ebay. I'd start with that. Good luck, let us know how it turns out.

gibson400ex
01-07-2004, 02:07 PM
same thing happen but different:huh but some guy bid 3 times on my qua don ebay and so there were 6 bids and he bid to 1800 which was my reserve and i have tried e-mailing him and e-mailing him and he ahsnt responded and i am goign to leave him negative feedback becuz that is all you can do.........god people these days are so gay

Pvt. Maggot
01-08-2004, 09:00 PM
i hope everything works out...the dude takes forever to reply to e-mails..:o i want my partsss! :(

250rAL
01-09-2004, 08:46 AM
The deal you made with him didn't involve eBay so there's nothing they can do about it. You shouldn't make deals on the side whether you're buying OR selling.

Pvt. Maggot
01-09-2004, 12:55 PM
guess this is good news...he e-mailed me and said the parts are on the way. hopefully he sent them all...i'll let you guys know

Quadfather
01-09-2004, 07:21 PM
If he doesn't send the parts, and refuses you your money back, go to where you purchased the money order, ask for a tracer form, fill it out, and send it to the money order company. They'll send you a photo copy of the front and back of the money order. You'll see if he endorsed , and cashed it.

For any purchases over $100, I usually opt for the more expensive bank issued money order. Sure, they're $3 more than the one you buy at the local Tryandsave, but the bank can tell you immediately if it was cashed, and run you off a copy of the front and back.

intruder_atx
01-09-2004, 09:01 PM
why dose ppl put quads on ebay cant u get moe if u sit it by the road with a forsale sign that what we do here anyways