PDA

View Full Version : Ballance signs with Yamaha

MX#9
01-07-2004, 12:05 PM
I found this info on paatving.com website. It was posted that it took too many kicks to fire up the 450r so he told them it needed more work, or so the post says. Has anyone else heard if this is fact?

cdalejef
01-07-2004, 12:09 PM
Not true at all.....its more along the lines of Honda won't sponcer anyone but Farr!

MX#9
01-07-2004, 12:17 PM
Thanks, the way the post was reported was like he almost dissed Honda. I would not think he would be that foolish.

01-07-2004, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by MX#9
I found this info on paatving.com website. It was posted that it took too many kicks to fire up the 450r so he told them it needed more work, or so the post says. Has anyone else heard if this is fact?

http://ricoracing.netfirms.com/Smilies/bullchit.gif

greghall
01-07-2004, 12:26 PM
Jeff thats a shame that honda dont want to sponsor GNCC becuase thats where most of the 450R's will be raced & purchased by people who do HS & ride woods.I want one because Honda is reliable & a great bike,I raced a 400EX for three years very hard & had no engine or clutch troubles at all only thing that every broke was my fault.

Pappy
01-07-2004, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by greghall
only thing that every broke was my fault.

OMG...personal responsibilty for parts failure:eek:

i salute you:cool:

quadman21
01-07-2004, 12:50 PM
Other than superman Scott Summers, have you ever seen a Honda factory bike team for GNCC?:rolleyes: To be such a great leader in products, they really suck *** with supporting the riders who support them!

greghall
01-07-2004, 01:01 PM
they need a offroad team other than Scott Summers or let him run a team with some new talent and have a quad team on sat like Yamaha. Oh yeah I only brke a swing arm on rocks,bent tie rods on trees all my fault but swing arms are a little weak.

z400ACDC
01-07-2004, 01:14 PM
Bill and Jeremiah said that the Honda would start on the first kick most of the time, even hot. They did like the YFZ on the track better because of the lower ride height. Aftermarket parts change everything. I can't believe Honda would not make them a deal:confused: We will see if Honda should have put all their eggs in Tim Farr's basket???????

cdalejef
01-07-2004, 01:15 PM
I agree, its a shame that Honda doesn't have a contingency program for bikes (or quads) anymore. When they stopped paying contingency back in 97 the MX and SX races went from mostly CR's to almost no CR's at all. I know when that happend, I sold my XR400 and bought a WR400 and won about $2500 in YZ bucks.

Honda may field a motorcycle team when they release the woods version of the CRF.

cdalejef
01-07-2004, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by z400ACDC
I can't believe Honda would not make them a deal:confused: We will see if Honda should have put all their eggs in Tim Farr's basket??????? Its just like they do with their Factory riders.....give a huge some of money to one rider (RC) and very little if any to the up and comers.

seatec
01-07-2004, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
OMG...personal responsibilty for parts failure:eek:

i salute you:cool:

You mean to tell me that when i hit that tree that had no business being in the woods in the first place and bent my handle bar that that was my fault? Get your head examined will ya. Clearly that was a design flaw.:D

BigAl
01-07-2004, 01:25 PM
I'm a little thick sometimes so bear with me.

did Ballance sign with Yamaha or was that part just as true as the TRX being hrd to start?

cdalejef
01-07-2004, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by BigAl
I'm a little thick sometimes so bear with me.

did Ballance sign with Yamaha or was that part just as true as the TRX being hrd to start? It is true, Ballance did sign with Yamaha!

BigAl
01-07-2004, 01:38 PM
I see, is that with the factory, or a satellite team like AM Pro?

Did Jones go with Yamaha of Troy, or is that rumor also?

z400ACDC
01-07-2004, 01:42 PM
Jones was delivered 2 YFZ's last week!

z400ACDC
01-07-2004, 01:45 PM
If you think about it, there is not a lot to choose from. With Honda dragging it's feet, There is going to be a lot of Yamaha's on the track this year.

seatec
01-07-2004, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by z400ACDC
If you think about it, there is not a lot to choose from. With Honda dragging it's feet, There is going to be a lot of Yamaha's on the track this year.

It will probably even out at the end of the season. Just wish Yamaha woud get of its *** and sign.

WOOLIN
01-07-2004, 02:19 PM
I know there will be 1 ATK out there!:D

greghall
01-07-2004, 02:22 PM
I guess everybody is going to ride a YFZ450 make it the pro YFZ class:D

01-07-2004, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by greghall
I guess everybody is going to ride a YFZ450 make it the pro YFZ class:D

Well we'll get to see all the weak spots of it with so many top riders beatin the chit out of them...:cool:

z400ACDC
01-07-2004, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by Rico
Well we'll get to see all the weak spots of it with so many top riders beatin the chit out of them...:cool:
Front shock mounts!

cdalejef
01-07-2004, 03:54 PM
Here is what I've heard as far as GNCC pro class:
2 LTZ's
1 ATK
and the rest Yamaha's

popo
01-07-2004, 07:12 PM
Yup, and all the manufactures… screaming and kicking they only want production quads on the front row.

No wonder! Make the racers fatten there pockets having to go dump there custom quads and give $7,000.00 +or – to go get a new quad than dump another 5 or more thousands of dollars to make it competitive and give nothing back.

Let’s see some Financials from the AMA or ATVA showing the contributions Yam or Honda gave to influence there decision.

Congrats to Bill, I guess something is better than nothing at all. Even thou it's the aftermarket companies that are the real winners creating products to keep us going.

Badger_Skid
01-07-2004, 07:55 PM
Concerning the Honda support thing, Honda is in business to sell motorcycles and ATV's. If everyone of the 450R's go sreaming out of the dealerships why spend anymore money? Support a given number of riders and then quit dumping money into a program/sales if all of the units move.

Honda has very, very, very deep pockets, they will test and test and them test some more to make sure things are good before production. Just about everyone on this site says good things about the 400EX, Honda put a good sum of money into it to make it what it is today. The result? Every unit goes out the door and they don't need to spend a huge amount of money to support racers. They make a certain amount and they sell them, easy.

Honda runs their race programs a bit differently than others, last year there were two semi's at the Supercross in Indy, they were for Ricky and him only. They could have had fourteen bikes out there with mechanics and people everywhere. One man sells more bikes for them than an entire North American sales force.

Honda had a goal a few years back to put a "Honda" product in every house in North America, lawn mower, generator, etc.. think about it, I bet they're close.

My two cents......

660bigdaddy
01-07-2004, 08:23 PM
D
Honda had a goal a few years back to put a "Honda" product in every house in North America, lawn mower, generator, etc.. think about it, I bet they're close.

not in my house !!

johnson357
01-08-2004, 04:00 AM
:mad: I guess we could show Honda and not buy any 450's and just buy from the people who support the sport.....but it is a tough one since they make such good stuff. I think the best way to for them to start selling quads now would be to offer contigencies like they do for bikes. I know that will make up my mind at the end of this season as to what I buy.:macho

oh yeah........more importantly I want some cool little guy or pic under my name like everyone else.....how do I add my own....I'm still new to this site?:confused:

Ryan
01-08-2004, 04:36 PM
Good to hear Yamaha sponsering an ATV GNCC rider :cool: .

D11NR
01-08-2004, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by Jeff@QuadShop
Here is what I've heard as far as GNCC pro class:
2 LTZ's
1 ATK
and the rest Yamaha's
The others are gonna have to work for it with that ATK in the mix:devil: :blah:

gncc571
01-09-2004, 02:50 PM
did ballance get a ride from yamaha or is it something like chad got?

BUCK442
01-09-2004, 04:53 PM
I do'nt care what brand it is I am glad to see the QUAD riders getting some help!

:macho :macho :macho

QUAD RACERS SELL MACHINES ALSO!!!!!

z400ACDC
01-09-2004, 06:00 PM
Yes, he got a couple of YFZ'S and some cash from Yamaha.