PDA

View Full Version : How to compress triple rate shocks

Duner400ex
02-20-2002, 02:46 PM
I was woundering how to compress the front triple rate shocks to make them tighter. I don't want to buy a shock compressor i was just woundering if there was something i could use to compress the shock. And when i do that do i compress the top of the shock the middle or the bottom or all 3.

Please help

Thanks Duner

optikid123
02-20-2002, 04:42 PM
do you mean to make them stiffer or to just make them compressed so they are smaller in length

Duner400ex
02-20-2002, 04:43 PM
To make them Stiffer.

optikid123
02-20-2002, 04:49 PM
well if you have compression adjustment you just turn the screw but if you dont you have to revalve the shock to make them stiffer i think you can send them to works and they will put the adjusters on with a rebuild im not sure about other companies

02-20-2002, 07:47 PM
Unless you have a "compression adjust" knob on your rezzies, I don't think you can adjust them. I would check with Works and see if they have a "do it yourself" kit that you can get (I would think the kit would come with different coil springs). Another option is to send the shocks to Works to have them redone, or I think you can get the compression adjusts added to your shocks from Works.

Good luck

02-21-2002, 09:19 AM
Duner I think everyones missing your point,,or maybe I am,,but it sounds like you want to change the preload not the compression,,and your not wanting to buy the special tool it takes to do that. Honestly I don't know,,,I've used ratchet straps on my old polaris to pull the springs down which is what your attempting to do,,again I Think. Once the springs are pulled down there's a clip in there that can be moved down to add more preload which will make for a stiffer ride....hope I helped.

Oh and the ratchet strap thing is dangerous cuz them spring are under some pressure,,wear yo safety goggles..:D and try to leave the shocks on the quad that way you have something to wrap the strap around and you'll get better leverage..K

Duner400ex
02-21-2002, 02:23 PM
Rico i think that you are the closest to the point. Since you told me how to compress the springs i dont' understand about the clip. What does the clip look like. Is it those little metal spacers that you can move.

Thanks Duner